PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Shooter Supply

Pages : 1 2 [3]

pdog06
01-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Awesome info right there guys. Thanks for bringing this to light.

The bad part is that they are a sponsor here. I cant wait to see the response from Gunshack on this, if there is one.

Old99E
01-12-2014, 11:14 AM
Two things here:

The direction this thread has gone is EXACTLY why we've always nipped them in the bud as soon as we saw them in the past. As Pdog and a few others have already said, this isn't a customer service website for anybody, nor is it your personal platform to piss, moan and complain from. If you have a problem with a manufacturer or a vendor's product or service you take it up with them because they are the only ones who can deal with and resolve it...PERIOD! Why that's so difficult for some people to understand just baffles the heck out of me, but it never fails....there's always one or two antagonistic trolls in every thread like this that just have to keep posting the same thing over and over again (see moderated posts above as perfect examples).

As for buxman66's post regarding the SSS recoil lug, based on the email I got from Fred today, 1) they don't sell recoil lugs to Gun Shack, and 2) they're quite pissed that Lance is using their name and reputation to sell a lesser quality counterfeit product.

I understand what you are saying. I would be the first to post on a good experience I've had with a vendor which I have regarding SSS in the past. I am just frustrated, and I can see how that can be taken the wrong way.

Knowing Fred is emailing people regarding this thread is interesting though.

In any event I should just move on and move forward and chalk it up as a bad experience. This forum is not a customer service forum.

J.Baker
01-12-2014, 11:45 AM
I understand what you are saying. I would be the first to post on a good experience I've had with a vendor which I have regarding SSS in the past. I am just frustrated, and maybe even more so knowing that Fred has emailed someone regarding this thread but not some of his customers.

I just posted what Fred emailed to me last night due to how ridiculously out of control this thread was getting over some bad/misleading information. I'm not his personal online messenger boy, nor am I going to stick up for him or try to fight any online battles for him. Fred's a big boy, he's perfectly capable of doing all that for himself if/when he chooses to do so.

Old99E
01-12-2014, 11:47 AM
I changed my post before you posted. What I said was in bad taste so I removed it. I apologize for not doing so before you quoted it.

RP12
01-12-2014, 11:51 AM
As for buxman66's post regarding the SSS recoil lug, based on the email I got from Fred today, 1) they don't sell recoil lugs to Gun Shack, and 2) they're quite pissed that Lance is using their name and reputation to sell a lesser quality counterfeit product.[/QUOTE]

This thread did get out of control, but the above sentence did make it necessary for getting to the truth. I'm sure Fred is glad it came up, as am I.

J.Baker
01-12-2014, 12:20 PM
This past year has been a tough one for SSS for a number of reasons - some of which I feel were their own doing, and others which they had no control over. We don't live in a perfect world and more often than not things don't go exactly how we planned or expected them to, and all we can do is adapt as best we can and make due with the cards we've been dealt. Sometimes things work out ok, other times they don't...this last year or so has mostly been the latter for SSS and they're aware of it and are doing what they can to right the ship and get things back to how they should be.

I will say that Fred and Lisa have made some CS and policy decisions in the last few years that I don't agree with and/or have questioned, but it's their business to do with and run as they see fit. They're my good friend's and I usually stop out by the shop at least once a week for an hour or two to catch up on things, so I know first hand what they've gone through and/or had to endure this last year or so. Personally I wish one of them would just take the time to get on here and explain things so everyone could understand as I do and in a sense start with a clean (or at least cleaner) slate, but it doesn't appear they want to do that and that's their decision to make as some of it is personal.

All that said, this site wouldn't be a fraction of what it is today if it weren't for Fred and all the knowledge he's given me and freely shared with everyone here over the years, and that's not something I will ever forget.

buxman66
01-12-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm glad this is getting cleared up. I know of only 1 company, (and I've been doing my due diligence of research on my repair/rebuild of my rifle), that has the initials of SSS. So I figgered it had to be a reputable part as it was quoted many times from guys on the forum.
As long as gunshack credits my debit card for my purchase I'm fine to leave this right where it is. If you all had seen just how screwed up the r.l. was you'd know why I was pissed. Thanks to the moderators who patrol this site and keep the topic from spinning out of control. My only interest is to build a solid reliable foundation of a rifle that I can say was built from the knowledge I gained from you guys on this site. Thanks.

Dennis
01-12-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm glad this is getting cleared up. I know of only 1 company, (and I've been doing my due diligence of research on my repair/rebuild of my rifle), that has the initials of SSS. So I figgered it had to be a reputable part as it was quoted many times from guys on the forum.
As long as gunshack credits my debit card for my purchase I'm fine to leave this right where it is. If you all had seen just how screwed up the r.l. was you'd know why I was pissed. Thanks to the moderators who patrol this site and keep the topic from spinning out of control. My only interest is to build a solid reliable foundation of a rifle that I can say was built from the knowledge I gained from you guys on this site. Thanks.

I knew you were upset and I don't blame you. I would have felt the same way.

I stand by my decisions to make the post that I did as I knew the part in question was not a SSS product as Jim stated above. NOBODY should take the blame for something they did not do, especially on this site.

The truth finally came out. And it needed to.

I thank everyone for the support and phone calls I received who feel the same way as I did. Most were shocked to say the least and were glad to find out this information.

And for the record, this was not a case of good, bad, or poor customer service. What happened goes way beyond this. Everyone interested had a right to know all the facts.

Dennis

thomae
01-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Ok. We've now heard two sides of the story. I know this thread was on the edge, but I was trying to keep things civil and still allow folks to provide facts. Ultimately it was messy, but seems to have worked out that we know two sides of the story for at least one customer service incident.

This thread is now closed.