PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Shooter Supply

Pages : 1 [2] 3

snowgetter1
01-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Understood.

buxman66
01-09-2014, 11:00 AM
I came onto this site for the further education I could gain for my (new to me) used
model 10fp I had traded for. As w/other forums that cater to different firearm platforms,like the 1911 and AR15 I got in touch w/ one of this forums sponsors/vendors. When I received
my recoil lug from gunshack which offered the SSS recoil lug I found the quality
SEVERELY lacking. I don't necessarily find fault w/ gunshack,.....but they are part of the problem for carrying a part that is billed as being superior to the factory installed part. I tried yesterday
to contact SSS as being the manufacturer of this r.l. and I called them @ least 7-8 times w/no answer. Fortunately gunshack promptly answered my email and accepted my request for a full refund. The tolerances were all over the place, varying .005"-.007" from top to bottom and side to side. The locating pin was boogered up an crooked as well. A part like this would never leave my place
of work, and furthermore that person would be written up for scrap. Just
my .02

I've posted this only to warn a prospective consumer to a quality issue, not to bash a vendor.

Old99E
01-10-2014, 03:48 PM
I know they've been faced with some personal issues. I wish them all the best, I just want my stock corrected and my order fulfilled. I'd be satisfied with a returned email or phone call.

Dennis
01-10-2014, 07:28 PM
I may get myself in trouble on this one, BUT I can't let it go. You may have to do some investigating on your own as well.

SSS recoil lug as stated above by buxman66.

The recoil lug purchased as per the above statement more than likely "WAS NOT" made by SSS.

I refuse to sit back and see someone take blame when the full details are not posted.

I've posted this only to warn a prospective consumer to a quality issue, not to bash a vendor.

I came onto this site for the further education I could gain for my (new to me) used
model 10fp I had traded for.

I posted this to make sure you get the "correct" information to further your education. If I offend someone or this site, so be it.

Dennis

lal357
01-10-2014, 09:17 PM
i agree on the good bad service thing it helps me to choose from other peoples experience and before i do drop alot of coin i check other sites as well if i read most of the same thing on 2 or more sites then there must be something to it .

Yes, this thread might be closed, but not because folks are documenting poor customer service. Documentation of both good or poor customer service serves to educate forum members and help them choose what businesses get their money.

Snide comments that serve no purpose and only serve to incite are not appreciated and only serve to encourage closing a thread.

From the User Agreememt: Forum Etiquette: - Do not post ”empty” or useless responses...Only post responses when you have something to contribute.

If people are simply whining and puling about something and repeating the same thing over and over the thread becomes useless and will likely be closed.

If people only post when they have something that adds to the conversation, (as opposed to personal opinion and biases; i.e., "Well if it were my business, I'd run it THIS way....) the thread is constructive.

We also don't support anyone personally insulting any other member. If that is seen, infractions are issued and posts/threads are deleted.

Please remember that when I post, you only hear MY side of the story, with all my personal biases built in. There may be another angle of the story that the readers will never see that would shed light and make the situation more understandable.

Sharpshooter Supply is run as a business the way the owners choose to do. I am not in their shoes and have no way of knowing what challenges and difficulties they face either regularly or on any given day.

I have heard many positive things about their business. I have also heard many negative things about their business.

I weigh what I have heard when I make my decision as to where I purchase items or services.

As always, Caveat Emptor.

thomae
01-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Dennis,
Whether or not the lug was manufactured by SSS or was some beat up and bent factory lug that fell into the wrong supply bin at the warehouse, if I understand what buxman66 has posted, buxman66 entered into a contract with Gun Shack. He was not satisfied with the merchandise he received. He contacted Gun Shack and his problem was quickly resolved.

I see that as the end of the story.

If the lug in question was a SSS lug and was not up to specifications, that would be an issue between Gun Shack (the retailer) and SSS (the supplier), not involving buxman66.

Hotolds442
01-10-2014, 09:52 PM
You know a post is going south when there's more moderation than posts.....

I have an SSS recoil lug and am perfectly happy with it, and it's dimensional trueness. It even tightened up my groups a bit.

/rave

Old99E
01-10-2014, 11:31 PM
I understand your removal of my post but my comments were not defamatory. Maybe part of me expected them to chime in so I could maybe get this resolved.

buxman66
01-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Ditto my friend, ditto...

Dennis
01-11-2014, 02:12 AM
Dennis,
Whether or not the lug was manufactured by SSS or was some beat up and bent factory lug that fell into the wrong supply bin at the warehouse, if I understand what buxman66 has posted, buxman66 entered into a contract with Gun Shack. He was not satisfied with the merchandise he received. He contacted Gun Shack and his problem was quickly resolved.

I see that as the end of the story.

If the lug in question was a SSS lug and was not up to specifications, that would be an issue between Gun Shack (the retailer) and SSS (the supplier), not involving buxman66.

thomae, I don't understand. Yes, the purchaser is finished with his business with his supplier. In his post he mentions the manufacturer.

When I received my recoil lug from gunshack which offered the SSS recoil lug I found the quality
SEVERELY lacking. I don't necessarily find fault w/ gunshack,.....but they are part of the problem for carrying a part that is billed as being superior to the factory installed part. I tried yesterday to contact SSS as being the manufacturer of this r.l.

My contribution to this post responded to the above comments. He didn't find fault with the company he bought from but found fault with the manufacture based on facts that are not known by everyone.

I hope he gets in touch with SSS.

I am not bashing or harming any members repretation.

I do feel since names were mentioned, the complete facts should be known.

In this case what I stated concerning SSS is correct.

If one can state a problem with names mentioned, then why can't the complete situation be stated.

This is simply not right.

Dennis

Hotolds442
01-11-2014, 03:31 AM
I tend to agree, if I were to buy one of Dennis's barrels thru someone like midway, and the manufacturing was so shoddy that one could not understand how it slipped through quality control at the manufacturer, why would my issue be with midway? Often times, the supplier is merely sending a plastic Baggie that contains a manufactured component. They are not the ones responsible for the QC of the finished product, Yes, I will seek my refund from midway, but whatever bad mouthing gets done is on the manufacturer, not the supplier.
If the part advertised was misrepresented as to the origination of the manufacturer, then your talking a whole different ballgame.

Dennis
01-11-2014, 07:45 PM
I tend to agree, if I were to buy one of Dennis's barrels thru someone like midway, and the manufacturing was so shoddy that one could not understand how it slipped through quality control at the manufacturer, why would my issue be with midway? Often times, the supplier is merely sending a plastic Baggie that contains a manufactured component. They are not the ones responsible for the QC of the finished product, Yes, I will seek my refund from midway, but whatever bad mouthing gets done is on the manufacturer, not the supplier.

I agree with the above: SSS and I back up our products.

I have been advised it would probably be best not to make any further comments. Further comments should come from SSS.

Please refer to my comment above:

The recoil lug purchased as per the above statement more than likely "WAS NOT" made by SSS.

This is all I can state. It's not that hard to understand.

Thomae, you might as well close this.

pdog06
01-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Maybe part of me expected them to chime in so I could maybe get this resolved.

This site is NOT the SSS customer service website. If you want the issue resolved then take it up with SSS directly or get a lawyer to do it for you. Bringing it up here will not help your situation at all.

Im sorry to hear you have an issue with your stock. You are definitely in the minority when it comes to an issue with a product. Can you post pics to show the issues?

SFLEFTY
01-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Good call on "dog" And Dennis's part. My SSS recoil lug is very cool,meaning precise.

Old99E
01-11-2014, 09:47 PM
This site is NOT the SSS customer service website. If you want the issue resolved then take it up with SSS directly or get a lawyer to do it for you. Bringing it up here will not help your situation at all.

Im sorry to hear you have an issue with your stock. You are definitely in the minority when it comes to an issue with a product. Can you post pics to show the issues?

You are 100% correct. But I cannot take it up with SSS as they do not respond to emails or telephone calls (hence why I had a register letter sent) and I am definitely in the majority there. You are also correct on their quality. I have purchased the following items from them in the past ten years and the quality has been second to none:

Barrel wrench (2)
Recoil Lugs (5)
Extended magazine
Bolt handle (2)
Fish net bolt body
A Lot of savage factory parts (they didn't manufacture)

I'm still waiting on a Fred sled, a magazine conversion, high capacity magazine, and a few other things that I ordered and paid for back in October 2012, so I can't comment on the quality of these items.

As for the stock?

First issue was that the stock was poorly sanded. Not a huge issue but it took me a couple hours to get it to the "ready to finish" state that it was supposed to be in.

Second issue is it had the incorrect bottom metal and the MKII magazine would not fit and there is a big gap (as it is intended for the 93). This is not a big issue but when I've been unable to get ahold of them to get it replaced I'm basically at a stand still there. There are also deep scratches in the bottom metal and trigger guard.

Third issue is that the front action screw area wasn't machined very well. Too much material was removed where the action sits in the stock, and too much material was removed below the bottom metal so when the action is torqued to 15 inch pounds the plate bends downward as there was too much material removed at this location.

The last issue is the inletting in the barrel channel. The last 6 inches or so of the barrel channel was not inletted properly and is higher than the action inletting. Therefore the front portion of the action isn't even touching the stock.

I'm in the process now of hogging the barrel channel out, building up some areas with bedding compound to fix the incorrect inletting which I believe should correct some of the accuracy issues. I still need the proper bottom plate which I shouldn't have to outsource from another supplier.

I purchased this stock over a Boyds because I wouldn't need to do any fitting, I could customize my finish, and the quality would be better. None of this was the case (with the exception of the finish). I don't have the time to do this, but I'm not going to get a refund so I'm stuck with it.

The accuracy got worse over my stock tupperware stock. Very disappointing.

I will keep trying to get a hold of Lisa as the stock and my missing parts aren't worth the legal costs and filing a complaint with the BBB is pointless, their score is already at an F.

I have pictures of some of this issues. I can't post them from my phone though. I'll post when I get home.

Dennis
01-11-2014, 11:21 PM
If the part advertised was misrepresented as to the origination of the manufacturer, then your talking a whole different ballgame.

Exactly my friend. This is the exact point I have been trying to get across to everyone. This is why I am limited as to what I can say.

Foreign countries are not limited to duplicating, or trying to duplicate T-Shirts and shoes. They will duplicate anything they can and in almost 100% of the cases, the products they produce, the quality is nowhere close to the originals, NIKE, ADDIAS, REEBOCK, etc., and this includes gun parts.

I had a chance to acquire barrel nut wrench's from across the Pacific. The steel quality is nowhere close to the wrench's we sell. You can just buy them cheap, and soon you will have a barrel nut wrench with NO teeth to grip the nut. That's when you will really enjoy your cheap barrel nut wrench.

Watch out for cheap barrels. Make sure they are made with 416R Stainless. Again, I am saying to much.

Just make sure you know what your buying, there is a reason why certain items are cheaper.

Hopefully I am saving someone a future headache. And let people know there are good products out there sold by good people.

Dennis

Old99E
01-11-2014, 11:43 PM
I didn't think the SSS wrenches were priced that high? Odd that there are cheaper ones being imported from across the ocean. Based on the amount of force I have had to use to remove factory barrel nuts, I don't think I'd want to use one that was of lesser quality.

Dennis
01-12-2014, 12:40 AM
I didn't think the SSS wrenches were priced that high? Odd that there are cheaper ones being imported from across the ocean. Based on the amount of force I have had to use to remove factory barrel nuts, I don't think I'd want to use one that was of lesser quality.

I had the chance to buy many at a ridiculous low price, and after researching, I proudly left them over there.

Dennis

J.Baker
01-12-2014, 06:11 AM
Two things here:

The direction this thread has gone is EXACTLY why we've always nipped them in the bud as soon as we saw them in the past. As Pdog and a few others have already said, this isn't a customer service website for anybody, nor is it your personal platform to piss, moan and complain from. If you have a problem with a manufacturer or a vendor's product or service you take it up with them because they are the only ones who can deal with and resolve it...PERIOD! Why that's so difficult for some people to understand just baffles the heck out of me, but it never fails....there's always one or two antagonistic trolls in every thread like this that just have to keep posting the same thing over and over again (see moderated posts above as perfect examples).

As for buxman66's post regarding the SSS recoil lug, based on the email I got from Fred today, 1) they don't sell recoil lugs to Gun Shack, and 2) they're quite pissed that Lance is using their name and reputation to sell a lesser quality counterfeit product.

Dennis
01-12-2014, 06:52 AM
I am glad the truth finally came out.

I don't like "anyone" being falsely accused of anything.

Thanks Jim for following through.