PDA

View Full Version : Axis. 243 Trigger Mod....Sweet....

Predator53
04-02-2013, 09:23 PM
I finally bought an axis 243 for my coyote hunting.....I'm pretty happy with it...good feels shoots 58 gr vmax and is a tack driver.....but the trigger was awful...I ended up taking it apart and doing the spring mod..and what a difference...now it has a 4.5 lb pull and is smooth and crisp...I measured the pull before I did the mod and it was7.5 pull...man what a difference now...can t wait to get up the mountains and see what this gun will do at 200 yards plus....and the coyotes don t know what their in for....love this axis with the sweet trigger now...Pred53

diesel
04-07-2013, 09:08 PM
bought my 243 when the were called "Edge" a few years ago. I, like you, did some trigger work. not wanting to invest in a trigger that was more than 1/3 the cost of the rifle itself, no economy in that. got 'er to about 3 lbs. no creep. I did spend a few bucks on glass, didn't go overboard. Bushnell "Legend" 5x15x40 mil dot. 58 gr v-max, 42 gr 4064, cci primer. about 3500 fps. 3 shot groups under MOA and if I'm real careful, under .5 MOA. now if that's not a 400 yd chuck rifle, I don't know what is. for less than $500.00, it can't be beat. I have seen 2k$ combos not able to do that. didn't buy it to look at, bought it to shoot, and, believe me, shoot it dose.