PDA

View Full Version : BULK BULLETS

rjtfroggy
01-22-2010, 09:16 AM
What happened to the bulk bullet packs that you used to be able to buy from just about all the bullet makers?
Just last Oct.- Nov. you could buy 500 bullets in just about any caliber or weight from Speer,Sierra, Winchester, and probably a few others, now it is 50 or 100 per box if you are lucky enough to find them in stock anywhere.Is it really a shortage or is it because when you bought in bulk you got a 1/2 box for free.
Now I can see the 224&308 calibers being used up by the military but all cals. and most weights, and the price increase is outrageous. Me thinks something is amiss.
Sorry for the vent but I just got finished looking for supplies and am out of luck for half of what I need, and I didn't even touch on primers.

laportecharlie
01-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Midsouth Shooters Supply has a fair selection of bulk bullets. Their house brand "Varmint Nightmare" has become our "go to" bullet for Prairie Dog hunting.
Charlie

82boy
01-22-2010, 11:01 AM
It was caused by the panic buyers, buying everything up in stock. Bullet makers would rather sell you bulk boxes, it saves them money on packaging. The problem is that they sell more boxed rounds that sit on the shelf, so they are playing catch up, on what they sell first. When they finally get caught up on packaged box orders you will see bulk box's come back.