PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever use a freeland or anschutz handstop rail on a boyds featherweight stock?

scythefwd
04-02-2013, 09:27 AM
OK, thinking about putting a hand stop on my savage build. I am running a boyds featherweight thumbhole stock and its hollowed out a LOT in the forarm. I think I could get the stock inlet and the rail installed, but I'd probably have to fill the void in the forarm with epoxy or bedding compound to make the rail solid.

Anyone doing this type of setup for their rifles?

2guard
04-02-2013, 12:31 PM
I just put an anschutz rail on a boyds rimfire hunter last week. Had to leave it setting a little proud because the forearm is very shallow. Put some devcon in the void and it should be okay.

scythefwd
04-02-2013, 12:37 PM
can you post a pic (If you already have.. please ignore this.. I cant see most hosting sights at work)? How much are you extending out the bottom of the stock.. could it be milled or filed flush without compromise to the rail itself? I've got a nice, old handstop that I'd like to use. I'd love to try doing something like palma shooting some day with it.. and that rail will be a necessity. I dont think bipods are really encouraged.

Do you have some rail intrusion into the void in the forearm or did you intentionally not go that deep with the inletting?