PDA

View Full Version : Value of the Model 10 Factory Stock with Detachable 4 Round Mag

Boba Debt
01-22-2010, 02:03 AM
I have decided to get a Savage 10 FCP-K in 308

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Savage10FCP-K.jpg

I'm going to remove the original accustock and 4 round detachable box mag and install a good aftermarket stock with the CDI Precision Bottom Metal.

I am wondering what my origonal stock and detachable box magazine would be worth?

possum1
01-22-2010, 03:46 AM
Don't know, but I'll take it if it's a reasonable price.

MSG Janoski
01-22-2010, 09:03 AM
You've decided to get...have you gotten one yet and shot it?

I've had a new 10FLCP-K since mid December an now that I've shot it I'm not considering a different stock. Your needs might be different but for me accuracy is my top requirement and this Savage (with the new AccuStock) is out performing all weapon systems I was ever issued (Rems and Parker/Hales).

Boba Debt
01-22-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't do well with standard rifle stocks.

Every rifle/shotgun I have has a pistol type grip. When I get it I'll give it a try but I'm doubtful that it will feel comfortable to me.

Plus the factory stock would have to be inletted for the bottom metal.

Boba Debt
01-22-2010, 12:06 PM
This might not work.

The bolt release button in on the bottom of the gun, in front of the trigger guard on the accustock guns.

I don't think the after market bottom metal takes this into account.

MSG Janoski
01-22-2010, 03:55 PM
If you're determined to stick it in a new stock, Accuracy International is about to release one that is made for the newest Savages. Give Stacey a call next week. They had it to show off at Shot Show. Supposed to be available in a couple months.