PDA

View Full Version : .223 Rem Model 10 Bolt Head on 110?

efw
04-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Is this possible? I have a BR follower and was just going to run my 110 as a single-shot 223 Rem. I assume the Model 10 bolt head for a 223 Rem will fit, but you know what they say about assumptions...

Thanks all,

efw

Ps- assuming this will work, is it possible to just switch out all the oth components from my standard bolt head to the small rifle one, or do I need a new extractor claw, etc?

bodywerks
04-01-2013, 10:16 AM
I used the hardware from my .223 bolt head on my 308 head without issue. I'm sure it will work, but you may want to consider a 223 bolt baffle or modifying one to limit the stroke off the bolt.

bootsmcguire
04-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I am assumming that since you say 110, you have a long action. The regular 223 head WILL NOT work on a 110 Long action without the conversion parts from www.sharpshootersupply.com. There are Long action 223 boltheads out there as all Savages used to be long actions, but they are scarce and most "Savage Shooters" (pun intended) that have them hold onto them due to their rarity.

Your plan will work if you get the conversion parts. The parts should switch over otherwise (ejector, extractor, etc.).

efw
04-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks a bunch there Boots! I wondered about that!

efw
04-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Boots would you happen to know the part number for that conversion kit? I've looked on their site and don't see it, and called and they're not taking calls. I put in an email early last week and gotten not response.... Thanks again all, efw

bootsmcguire
04-07-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry, I do not have any part numbers. The one I have I got used from a member here.

I just spent 10 minutes reading over the SSS website for you and I don't see it either. If email and phone don't get you through, possibly sharpshooter will see this thread and share some knowledge.

efw
04-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Shoot thanks again! If they don't reply soon I'll send this tube to IT&D for 22-250 AI ream and they'll lose their shot at my business! I understand we're living through extraordinary times, but that sure seems like an odd way to do business...

Thanks again!

Three44s
04-08-2013, 01:34 AM
I emailed SSS and got an email back pretty quickly with answers to my questions ......... that's good because I have been putting off trying to reach them for a long time because of all the varied responses I have read from other members here.

What they told me is to also give them my phone number and they would call when they had time as to ordering what I was wanting from them.

Best of luck with getting your project running.

Three 44s

efw
04-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Got em today; received email response yesterday and a call from a very kind lady named Lisa who helped me out! Can't wait!

Thanks again all,

Efw

bootsmcguire
04-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Good deal, Glad Lisa was able to get back to you.