PDA

View Full Version : F/TR Stock for Model 12 RBRP 308

Delaware_Ken
04-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Good Morning,

I'm in the process of putting together a F/TR rig on a model 12 RBRP action. I've already ordered a 308 30" 10 twist barrel from Jim Briggs, and am now looking for a stock. I'd rather pay a little more up front, and have what I want instead of cutting corners. Any suggestions?

Ken

JCalhoun
04-04-2013, 10:30 PM
What is your budget?

Do you want fiberglass or laminated wood?

Bear in mind that FTR has a weight limit and stock width limit.

Delaware_Ken
04-05-2013, 04:57 AM
I don't really care about the stock material, but I have to go as light weight as possible. I just pulled a H-S Precision stock off of my LRPV and installed my set up on it. With the Nightforce BR scope and Sinclair bipod, it weighs in at 17.5 lbs. Considering that the H-S Precision stock is very light, I'll need a similar weighted true F/TR stock to replace it if I can find one.

jhelmuth
04-05-2013, 08:43 AM
I don't really care about the stock material, but I have to go as light weight as possible. I just pulled a H-S Precision stock off of my LRPV and installed my set up on it. With the Nightforce BR scope and Sinclair bipod, it weighs in at 17.5 lbs. Considering that the H-S Precision stock is very light, I'll need a similar weighted true F/TR stock to replace it if I can find one.

I have an HS-Precision with the DBM if you are looking for such an aniimal...

Delaware_Ken
04-08-2013, 04:52 AM
Thanks for the offer. I'm heading to the range today to see how it shoots with my LRPV stock. If I need to go to plan "B", I'll get back with you.

Ken