PDA

View Full Version : Why you should always fire a firearm right before you sell it.....

Jamie
03-31-2013, 09:11 PM
As I mentioned in another post, all of my girls have decided to get into shooting all of a sudden. My 13 year old has always loved but my twin 18 year old girls never wanted to, that is, until they notice that I have "the revolver from Call Of Duty!" Yeah, I know but what ever you think about the game it has gotten those two out shooting and spending more time with dad. Then my wife stated that she wanted get in on it and start doing some long range shooting. So I am trying to figure out how to make all this happen and figured I would sell off a toy or so, after all, getting them out and into it is definitely more important than any singular firearm I own right. I haven't shot my .243 Win SP in quite awhile so I figured it would be a good candidate to go. I take it to the range to shoot some groups because that is the main thing everyone will want to know. I fired three rounds at 104 yards and got this group. Turns out they may have to wait awhile for their own firearms as this one will stay put.......

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/sigshooter/DSC00796.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/sigshooter/24243e77-24df-4533-9b00-7005fd3b7fff_zpsccc8f96f.jpg

bootsmcguire
03-31-2013, 09:14 PM
Wow, now thats some good pistol shooting. I think your family will have to learn to be patient, or you'll have to learn to share. LOL.

yobuck
03-31-2013, 10:14 PM
As I mentioned in another post, all of my girls have decided to get into shooting all of a sudden. My 13 year old has always loved but my twin 18 year old girls never wanted to, that is, until they notice that I have "the revolver from Call Of Duty!" Yeah, I know but what ever you think about the game it has gotten those two out shooting and spending more time with dad. Then my wife stated that she wanted get in on it and start doing some long range shooting. So I am trying to figure out how to make all this happen and figured I would sell off a toy or so, after all, getting them out and into it is definitely more important than any singular firearm I own right. I haven't shot my .243 Win SP in quite awhile so I figured it would be a good candidate to go. I take it to the range to shoot some groups because that is the main thing everyone will want to know. I fired three rounds at 104 yards and got this group. Turns out they may have to wait awhile for their own firearms as this one will stay put.......

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/sigshooter/DSC00796.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/sigshooter/24243e77-24df-4533-9b00-7005fd3b7fff_zpsccc8f96f.jpg

would you happen to know that pistol packin preacher from over in gillette jamie?

Jamie
03-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Yes, I do know him. I met him over on SP site and he comes into the store whenever he is in Rapid. He has asked several times about coming over to Gillette but I haven't made it yet. When I can shoot good enough I will make the trip over. He starts at 1000 yards and that is about where I am limiting out with the current set up.

yobuck
03-31-2013, 10:49 PM
you should get over there and meet chuck also. he does some of the guns for ernie.
you wont want to leave. you can shoot out to forever out back of his shop.
talk to him about a leopard.
just watch that freakin coyote.
by store im guessin cabellas?

Jamie
03-31-2013, 11:06 PM
I have talked to Chuck on the phone a couple times and I actually good friends with the gunsmith that built the Leopard for Carmicheal. He actually had it built for about a year before Carmicheal inquired about it. That will be my next SP chambering, well, still itching for a Edge in a SP.

yobuck
04-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I have talked to Chuck on the phone a couple times and I actually good friends with the gunsmith that built the Leopard for Carmicheal. He actually had it built for about a year before Carmicheal inquired about it. That will be my next SP chambering, well, still itching for a Edge in a SP.

you have 2 ears jamie. one is for things to go into and the other is for things to come out of.
dont be believing all you hear from guys regardless of their proffession. with groups like that
dont be embarrased to go anywhere.
as for edge i suppose your referring to the 338 edge?
if so would those barrels be up to that?
i watched chuck chamber a gun for his brother. he had told chuck to build something he could use for elk.
so he took a 300wsm and necked it up to 338. loaded some 300 gr smks and had just a ragged hole with 5 shots.
just a small little gun on a 700 action.
might be something to consider.

tinkerer
04-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I'll be the first to offer to help finance the girls revolver.

I'll give you $1.95 USD for the SP, CASH. DEAL?

I wish I could shoot that good, but working on it.

Larry
Tinkerer

Jamie
04-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Fortunately/Unfortunately that has been taken care of. The Smith Model 52 I recently purchased seemed to developed a desireto have the hammer follow the slide. It wouldn't double but the hammer would fall. Cock it and it would shoot once but the hammer follow the slide without firing again. Even when working the slide by hand it did it. They offered to fix it but those parts are hard to come by and if someone has already goofed the insides up it could be trouble for awhile so I returned it and picked up a Browning Buckmark for the 13 year old, ordered a spring kit for the GP100, ordered scope for the .223 I am putting together for the wife and daughters to shoot a Rifle Basix trigger and a good chunk left to go toward another revolver.

If not for that I think I would have taken you up on your offer.

I won't lie, it is friggin' awesome when you are shooting these groups between a bunch or rifle shooters that are getting 2-3" groups.

Rupe
04-12-2013, 05:52 PM
I wish I could shoot that good! Nice shooting!
Rupe

yobuck
04-12-2013, 08:39 PM
been tryin to get back to you jamie.
but apperently the message system is above my pay grade.