PDA

View Full Version : How light can a Target acurtigger Go?

rcshooter
03-31-2013, 07:43 PM
I have a RB/LP single shot target action with a target acutrigger. I ONLY shoot bench rest target for group size at 100 and 200 yards.I have lightened my trigger to the maximum the adjusting screw will allow.I ALWAYS put foward pressure on my trigger when the sear is engaged but I do not like the 2 stage blade. I removed it and now it feels a bit lighter.
I have several bench rest jewel triggers mounted in other actions and they are a different design and they feel really good.
My savage goes down to about an oz. and I have to be careful to avoid a slip. My rifle is always in my front rest and rear bag so if one does slip and goes bang....The round impacts the target very near to my group.I always have my bolt removed when my rifle is not in the firing position with me behind it.
Does any one know of any thing that can be done to make the savage target acurtigger more like a jewel?

That1guy
03-31-2013, 08:03 PM
Buy an aftermarket trigger

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

JCalhoun
04-04-2013, 10:17 PM
I agree.

rcshooter
04-04-2013, 11:08 PM
O.k........is there a trigger for a savage that would perform like a benchrest jewell trigger?
I have read about the Evolution trigger but I have never shot one.........
I have 3 bench guns with jewell benchrest triggers and I really like them.they are all about 10 years old and have no safety or bolt release
They have never failed me .
Is there a trigger for a savage out there that would be similar ?
Have you ever heard of a savage target action that has been modified so a jewell will fit?

JCalhoun
04-05-2013, 11:02 PM
I believe the Evolution is about as close as you'll get.

I have heard of folks being able to rig up a Jewell to work on a Savage but I have never actually seen one so take it for what it's worth.