PDA

View Full Version : 6x18 buckmaster

birdie
03-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Just ordered a 6x18 from Nachezz. does anyone else use this Nikon buckmaster scope. It was only 230 dollars. Putting it on a .22 mag.

quarterbore
03-30-2013, 10:48 PM
I have 2 of the buckmaster scopes. Both are 4.5-14x40's, one mildot and the other bdc reticle. Hard to beat them for an economy scope. I'm a sucker for side focus and I find it amazing that a scope this inexpensive has relatively good glass and side focus. I think you'll be pleased.

stomp442
03-31-2013, 01:27 AM
Great scopes I love mine only wish that it had 1/4 clicks instead of the 1/8.

digger11
03-31-2013, 01:31 AM
I have 2 and another on the way from Natchez.All of em have the BDC,,it works great

xhogboss
03-31-2013, 01:45 AM
I have one on my 204 - good value for the money.

JackinSD
03-31-2013, 08:32 AM
+1 to all the above comments.

birdie
04-12-2013, 12:18 AM
thanks for replies. scope mounted and seems perfect, waiting for rain to quit, great buy

yobuck
04-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Great scopes I love mine only wish that it had 1/4 clicks instead of the 1/8.

i prefer 1/4 min also for hunting. but when you come right down to it what difference does it make?
i would think most are dialing in minits vs clicks anyway so it becomes a mind over matter issue.
for me at least it seems only yesterday we didnt have all the wonderful scope choices.
for serious long range hunters and target shooters externally adjusted scopes were the only option.
scopes like unertle and a few others ruled in that area. even snipers as recent as the vietnam era
were using unertle scopes. many people were clueless as to what the click value of the scope they were
actualy using was. ask and youd be apt to get a blank look as they had no clue.
scope block spacing was the determining factor. the wider apart they were the lower the click value.
most counted clicks back then and i was one of them. most of us werent dumb enough to stand there and count off say
97 or something. note i did say most. so the bottom line is know your equiptment and dont worry about the small stuff.

devildogandboy
04-12-2013, 11:43 PM
just got one from Natchez in 6x18x40 with target dot. really pleased with the clarity of the glass. hard to beat for the money!

stomp442
04-14-2013, 01:35 AM
The reason I prefer the 1/4 minute clicks is because you can dial out to longer ranges with one revolution of the turret. For example my Vortex Crossfire has 16 minutes of adjustment before it makes a full rotation, the Buckmaster for example only has 6 per revolution. Same problem with the Redfield Revolution as well but if I remember right it has 9 per revolution. Much easier to dial longer ranges without having to remember or count how many times you have turned it, especially in a hunting situation.

yobuck
04-14-2013, 09:57 AM
The reason I prefer the 1/4 minute clicks is because you can dial out to longer ranges with one revolution of the turret. For example my Vortex Crossfire has 16 minutes of adjustment before it makes a full rotation, the Buckmaster for example only has 6 per revolution. Same problem with the Redfield Revolution as well but if I remember right it has 9 per revolution. Much easier to dial longer ranges without having to remember or count how many times you have turned it, especially in a hunting situation.

absolutly, which is exactly why guys like you and me (prefer) them.
it would be nice if their were a choice on all scopes for that reason.
but its not a perfect world and there are ways to cope.
i doubt many guys will be mounting one of these on a 338 lapua and dialing to 1200 yards with it anyway.
dialing is a rather new thing to many within the last decade. its sort of like when we first got our drivers licence.
we just couldnt drive enough. same with dialing. some will dial rather than hold for even a 300 yd shot.
time will cure much of that. a coulple days in a prairie dog town will cure it even faster.
reticle choice can be more important than click value in some situations.

JackinSD
04-14-2013, 12:55 PM
thanks for replies. scope mounted and seems perfect, waiting for rain to quit, great buy

You'll enjoy it. Let us know how it works for you.

BRIAN G
04-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Could you tell us what you got in the box for that price? Caps, sunshade etc??

birdie
04-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Sunshade cover and cleaning cloth.

gwtx
04-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Congrats on the deal. Natchez has had some real bargains lately. I have a 4-12x50 Buckmasters on the way for $249 + shipping. I really like Nikons, got an older Monarch ucc and a prostaff on other rifles, great for the money.