PDA

View Full Version : Egads... I'm almost out of chip steak already!!!

EFBell
01-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I think maybe I better go shoot another deer on saturday. The chip steak is almost gone already. Last day for flintlock and all deer hunting in the special reg zones. Anybody else going out?

pdog06
01-22-2010, 02:55 PM
I hope to go out as well Ed. I've had a slow hunting season this year due to work/weather/wife ::) , and would love to put a deer in the freezer this weekend.

It could be the last time we hunt till spring when we go up and shoot all of Pahogs groundhogs ;D

EFBell
01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah Buddie!
I'm supposed to hook up with one of my hunting buddies for a morning hunt. If I don't score I may sit out the last couple hours in the stand and hope for the best. Think I'll take the MLII out and hope I "Dont" see a buck. I haven't had the flintlock out in a couple of years so I'm not feeling to strongly that I could hit anything with it past 50 yards.

As for the groundhogs I need to get out and sight in all 3 of my varmint rigs again. Musical scopes again "don't cha know" ;)

vermonter
01-22-2010, 03:48 PM
OK, I'm curious, I've never heard the term "Chip Steak" befor. What is it? The only guess I could make would be jerky.

EFBell
01-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Chip Steak is thinly sliced raw steak used to make "Philly Cheese Steaks" typically from a deer its boned out hindquarter sliced on a deli slicer.

pdog06
01-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Chip Steak is thinly sliced raw steak used to make "Philly Cheese Steaks" typically from a deer its boned out hindquarter sliced on a deli slicer.

Mmmmmm!

EFBell
01-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Take about 16 oz of paper thin steak, couple small fried onions, a handful of chopped white mushrooms, a little salt, pepper, garlic fried up then melt provolone over it and slap it on a couple of crisp steak rolls from a local italian market and I'll tell you what; people who dont like venison and refuse to eat it will say "thats the best darn cheese steak I ever had" what did you put on that?. I smile and wink and just say thanks but I cant tell you, it's a family secret. Anybody from the general area knows how to make a decent steak sandwich but us deer hunters make the best ones! :)

pdog06
01-22-2010, 10:27 PM
MMMMMMmmmmm!

dfrosch
01-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Take about 16 oz of paper thin steak, couple small fried onions, a handful of chopped white mushrooms, a little salt, pepper, garlic fried up then melt provolone over it and slap it on a couple of crisp steak rolls from a local italian market and I'll tell you what; people who dont like venison and refuse to eat it will say "thats the best darn cheese steak I ever had" what did you put on that?. I smile and wink and just say thanks but I cant tell you, it's a family secret. Anybody from the general area knows how to make a decent steak sandwich but us deer hunters make the best ones! :)

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo194/dlfrosch/homer.png

vermonter
01-23-2010, 06:07 AM

Thanks,That does sound good. Will have to give it a try.

Uncle Jack
04-27-2010, 03:35 PM
A couple of vinegar cured Italian peppers don't hurt either

uj

EFBell
04-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Peppers on the side are a must.

savageboy
04-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey All Ya'lls up there in PA, what do you mean when spring gets here? Its been spring here in NC for months- OK, back to the thread!