PDA

View Full Version : Does PacNor blue? If not, what to order to match my action?

whiterabbit
03-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Hi Guys,

I want to order a PacNor prefit. I have a Savage 111LRH that is "matte blue". Almost looks bead blasted and sort of spraypainted though of course the finish is very tough.

Can PacNor match this color and texture in a prefit? If not, any advice on what I should order so I can send to a shop for bluing to match? Just ask for bead blasted? IS this finish just bluing on bead blast?

Thanks!

-S

sinman
03-29-2013, 08:57 PM
I would spray it with Cerakote, bluing won't match it

whiterabbit
03-29-2013, 10:56 PM
I would spray it with Cerakote, bluing won't match it

Will cerakote match? what does the underlying barrel need to be to get the same texture? polished? Does Pacnor cerakote?

chavo360
03-30-2013, 01:02 PM
I think what sinman is implying is that you should cerakote both the action and the barrel at the same time to make it match. That is what I have planned with my stevens 200 build.

whiterabbit
03-30-2013, 02:29 PM
but what would relatively speaking, decently match the existing finish? I'm not getting rid of the old barrel.

Duipowerstroke
04-03-2013, 10:06 PM
but what would relatively speaking, decently match the existing finish? I'm not getting rid of the old barrel.

It's really hard to say what kind of finish is on it now. Most people just dura coat or ceracoat the action and barrel at the same time. The coat just goes over your current finish like a new paint job.

whiterabbit
04-03-2013, 10:19 PM
It's really hard to say what kind of finish is on it now. Most people just dura coat or ceracoat the action and barrel at the same time. The coat just goes over your current finish like a new paint job.

Cool.

If I really, really wanted it blue, could I get the action stripped inexpensively and have the barrel and action blued at once?