PDA

View Full Version : If you have a Model 10 FCP-K in 308, I need 3 Precise Measurements

Jeekay29
03-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi Folks,

This summer, I'll be purchasing a Model 10 FCP-K in .308, and I need to provide my gunsmith with some precise measurements so that he can give me some options for iron sight set-ups. I've attached a 2-in-1 photo of the gun's muzzle and receiver and my 3 measurement questions appear in pencil and ink right on the photos. So, if you've got this model rifle, a handy pair of calipers, and the time/inclination to help a guy out, I'd appreciate it.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae310/Jeekay29/3MeasurementQuestionsforSavage10FCP-K308-fullsize.jpg?t=1364516422

sharpshooter
03-29-2013, 01:27 AM
1. Receiver diameter is 1.350".
2. The barrel has taper from end to end.
3. Nominal barrel diameter is .820"
If you are going to use a clamp on sight base, it would be best to turn the barrel to .750" at the muzzle to eliminate taper and make it concentric. Most clamp on sight bases come in .750 dia.
Any receiver sight base for a Remington will work.

Jeekay29
03-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the quick help, SS!

Couple of follow-up questions for you:

1. If the exterior surface of the receiver has a diameter of 1.350", is it accurate to state that the distance from the center of the bore of the barrel (or the tip of the firing pin, I guess) to the exterior surface of the receiver is .675"?

2. I believe my gunsmith is planning to mill out a dovetail a the end of the barrel to allow installation of a globe front sight of an appropriate height to match a Williams FP 110-TK peep sight at the rear. So, can you give me the diameter of the barrel at a point near the end of it where a dovetail would likely be cut?

Thanks so much for your help.