PDA

View Full Version : Screw distance ?

Archer
03-27-2013, 09:38 AM
I been looking through the pics of the rifles on here and have decided i want an aftermarket stock for my Savage

I haven't received her yet

So could someone please tell me what the distance between the stock screws on my rifle are, as I don't want to order the wrong stock.

Savage mod 12 BVSS Accutrigger, round Receiver, short action in 308 Win

Thank you

sharpshooter
03-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Then you ought to wait till you get your gun first.

Archer
03-27-2013, 03:00 PM
agreed, but you know how this whole impatient thing is

it will take weeks to get a stock to South Africa, and by that time i will hopefully have my Lic

Thats to say if I can get someone to ship to SA

palerider338
03-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Have to agree with Sharpshooter. With the various screw spacings in the short actions over the years it's better to actually measure them first. I have the 112BVSS LA in 30-06.....no brainer there on the spacing....has never changed over the years.

Boyds is one of the few who will ship internationally if the value is under $ 100 USD ( just got a TH Varmint shipped to Canada in 10 days door to door ). No restrictions on shotgun stocks BTW. The U.S. Departments have really made everyone's life miserable with all the paperwork and permits required to export stuff nowadays.
If you go with a Boyds plan on pillar bedding it yourself and putting a better recoil pad like a slip on, etc. No problem shipping pads internationally though....just got a Pachmyr NitroMag grind to fit on my 112. Check out the Lyman Products website to find what you need.
Good Luck
Bill

Archer
03-28-2013, 04:26 AM
Bill, thank you, that very informative

I recently received the same stock from Boyds, very nice, so nice in fact that a friend has just "borrowed it" and it doesn't look like Im going to get it back. Funny thing is, A boyds laminate Blank costs in the region of R2500-00 here. All costs of bringing in the finished stock myself, was R1800-00. Super bargain !

getting shooting related goods sent to South Africa is rather frustration, even just for scope mounts!

I get mails telling me that my order has been cancelled as they cannot send internationally
Then the next company sends no problem