PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Handle Swap onto 11VT

nking1776
03-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Hey everyone,

Im just starting to get back into bolt action rifles. Ive got a question that Im pretty sure I already know the answer to, but before I drop $90 on a part Id like to hear a couple other people say my info is correct.

What I have is a Model 11VT in .308. I would like to put a 110 BA Bolt handle on it. Its is my understanding that the 110BA Bolt handle would fit on my model 11 bolt. They are both 110 series and the extremely scarce amount of discussions about this is exactly why Im hesitant until I can get a bit more info.

Can anyone confirm for me that the 110BA handle mates with my model 11 bolt?

Thanks in advance.

brasse
03-26-2013, 05:04 PM
First why $90. The tactical bolt you want is about $23 from Midway. I recently got 3 from them all in stainless. Polished the heck out of one of them.

They will all interchange, one bolt handle to another zero problems.

nking1776
03-26-2013, 05:11 PM
I must have missed the $23 one. Do you have a part# or name so I can search for it? Thanks for the info.

bootsmcguire
03-26-2013, 05:48 PM
The 110BA handle is this one here:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/674002/savage-arms-bolt-handle-assembly-savage-110ba-right-hand-tactical-knob-steel-matte

The $23 Blued or SS one is the standard Varmint handle like this one here:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/193602/savage-arms-1-piece-bolt-handle-assembly-savage-10-110-right-hand-large-knob-steel-matte

nking1776, the 110BA handle will fit the 11VT just fine. Enjoy. There are other aftermarket bolthandles out there for less money (just in case you were unaware). Here are a couple that come to mind:

www.sharpshootersupply.com
http://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-Bolt-Handles/

I have a handle from Sharp Shooter Supply and I like it. You can also make your own. Many members here have done it and come up with many interesting styles to give you ideas if you are a DIY kind of guy.

nking1776
03-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the links. I think I'm going to go with the SSS Flat Top Black. Looks like there are only 1-2 items in stock at Tacticalworks. I think I'll take my old handle and try my hand at re-shaping it. I'm definitely a DIY-er as much as my tools/skills/knowledge allow me. Thanks again for the links.

brasse
03-26-2013, 08:08 PM
I have had stuff on order from SSS for months now. Dont care if they are supporters here, they should let us know what is happening. I got one phone call three months ago.

You can try to email them or phone them and then you can decide.

Jim Biggs at Northland Shooters Supply on the other hand loves to talk and will tell you immediately what is in stock. He seems to have everything. He understands true customer relations.

Midway may also have the custom stuff you want.

Also look at Pacific Tool and Gage, they are quick shipping things you will need.

brasse
03-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Don't forget a knob is a knob. So if you want to use a Remington knob on your Savage handle, good to go.

Pacific Tool and Gage has Remington knobs as low as $6.50

nking1776
03-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Update: I emailed SSS and they don't have an of the handles in stock. They are waiting for the mold to come back from the foundry. I am terribly impatient so I'll probably look for an alternative. Think I'll end up ordering a knob from brownells/midway and then thread my stock handle.