PDA

View Full Version : New to me 110

MikeA67
03-26-2013, 11:46 AM
I just picked this up at an auction, my first Savage rifle, I've included the auction description.
It looks like a nice rifle with old optics, would love to get the opinion of the members.

thanks

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k482/MikeA67/H1193-L42208417.jpg

Description: serial #E325758, 270 Win, 22" barrel with an excellent bore. The metal surfaces retain about 99% original blue that has a few light handling marks and light flaking around the triuggerguard. The rifle is equipped with a deluxe style checkered walnut buttstock that features an ebony capped forend tip, steel capped pistolgrip and has a shadow line cheek rest. The butt is fitted with a Winchester solid rubber recoil pad and sling swivel studs are included. Mounted to the receiver is a Balvar 8 2.5-8X riflescope that has a tapered crosshair reticle and excellent optics.

jonbearman
03-26-2013, 02:09 PM
If you can get it for the right price it looks real decent to me.

rattfink
03-26-2013, 02:32 PM
The proof is in the pudding. Let us know how it shoots :)

sixonetonoffun
03-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Congratulations!

I caught the fever last week. Price of new is so low guys gotta really watch what he gives on used. The one I bought (private party sale) we spent a week dickering over n I still paid plenty. In fact there is another very clean range used only later model 110 in the same caliber and configuration listed locally with an asking price similar (actually $100 less) to the 40 yr old one I bought. Kind of made me second guess my purchase for a moment as it is cosmetically nearly perfect as the one you bought.

I do think the older model has a slightly more pleasing appearance and degree of craftsmanship missing in the later model. Definitely not shot out like I suspect the range used one could be. So I'm happy enough too! Could hardly believe how light it is being a magnum to boot close to 7lbs with iron sights, scope n sling. Just ounces more then my Axis. Definitely lighter then my son's Rem 700 BDL in the same caliber. Will be a pleasure to carry this season.

MikeA67
03-26-2013, 05:42 PM
I won the auction at $425 so I think its fair in todays gun market.
I have seen them for less but haven't found this exact gun to compare.
Can't wait to shoot it...