PDA

View Full Version : Recoil pad help

phoneman
03-21-2013, 11:48 PM
I have a savage alaskan guide 375 H&H. I need a new recoil pad for it. I tried the pachmyer one and it wouldnt come close to fitting the synthetic stock. Anyone have a suggestion to which one will fit. Mine is all mashed flat and looks stupid. I wish i could find a thicker pad than the factory 1/2" one to give me a little more length of pull

palerider338
03-22-2013, 06:10 AM
Getting a drop in pad can be a challenge. Usually have to get a "grind to fit" one that is close to your stock size. Carefully lay out how much needs to be ground off and use a belt sander to shape it . Just put a Limbsaver Nitromag pad on my 30-06 factory laminate that way. Slow and steady does it.

FW Conch
03-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Fitted pads are great and look good. But as time goes by, I have come to really appreciate Limbsaver Slip On pads. They come in Small, Medium, & Large to fit any stock. They increase the Length of Pull by about an inch, keeping the scope just far enough away from my eyebrow. For some reason, the slip on's seem to tame the recoil a little better than the fixed pads? I have one to fit every rifle I shoot. When shooting that 375, I would think "form would follow function"? :) Good Luck-Good Shooting...... Jim