PDA

View Full Version : heavy accutrigger.

gunny
03-20-2013, 05:25 PM
I have a savage model 10 BA in 308win. The accutriggers are tuneable from 1.5lb to 6lb. at the moment i have my trigger set to its lowest setting which still feels like a 3lb pull. I think it has to do with the accutrigger sear spring. I believe that the tension that releases the sear is a true 1.5lb pull but by the time you add the weight of the accutrigger (middle trigger) and then the actual trigger the trigger pull seems overly heavy to me.

Any ideas what I could do? Snip a coil off of the accutrigger return spring?

RatMag
03-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Cutting the coils is not the way to do it. I replace the springs in mine with lighter springs. You can fine tune how you want the springs by changing the rates, and usually any hardware store carries different ones for you to change them out. I commonly use springs out of ball point pens, and modify them to match the factory springs. Piece of cake.

Trial and error, go slow, test test test... your done.

DK

CharlieNC
03-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Yes, you can snip off coils ( 1/2 or 1 at a time) to lighten up the return spring until it suits you; can do it without removal. Just go slowly and don't take off too much. I have done it on all mine an it will make a significant difference.

jb6.5
03-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Took mine apart and polished it. Getting everything slick makes a big difference.

Willoughby
03-20-2013, 06:41 PM
polish the right places at the right angles
& lighter springs
on some triggers ya can get by without the polish -but not the springs
unless its an LE or target model -you need lighter springs period.....
ink pen springs work best
1/2 of one that is in the blade position
move the original blade spring to the rear position for a 1 lb trigger
for a lighter pull use ink pen springs in both positions
accu triggers are SAFELY adjustable from 8 oz & upwards
best 2 chage trigger ever designed
cant figure out why so many replaced them
to each his own.....

dlaboone
03-22-2013, 10:34 PM
I have same problem with one of my 3 accutriggers,after reading this i experimented a little.what i did is take the rear spring out and compressed it with pliers and heated it with a bic lighter to weaken it,It worked!! it went from 57 ounces at lightest setting to 35 ounces at lightest setting.now its same as my other two.it didnt take much heat so proceed slowly you can always go more.cheers

wbm
03-23-2013, 12:39 PM
what i did is take the rear spring out and compressed it with pliers and heated it with a bic lighter to weaken it. It worked!!

Did the "Bic Trick". Works really well. Only suggestion I would have is do not compress the spring all the way. Experimented on a spare spring and full compression and it left the spring a bit short. Correctable by using the tension tool and going tighter but the best fit came from compressing the spring about half way and then heating. Does not take much heat so heat with caution.

dlaboone
03-23-2013, 05:30 PM
probably wouldnt even have to remove the spring,just heat it and use the trigger to compress it.