PDA

View Full Version : Reticle slightly canted

Pages : 1 [2]

ODA 0121
04-04-2013, 08:31 AM
"As for the flat bottom, who's to say the reticle is square with that?"
But if it was built correctly it would be, that's what I'm saying.

"Also these scopes use a coil spring on the erector that has a small protrusion on the bottom left corner of the flat base so I'm not sure if you could get it to work on this particular scope or not."
That's not a problem, as with yours and most Burris scopes and others, it's easily done.

"Anyway I'm planning to use this one as a sight it in and leave it alone."
If you don't care then why ask at all?

efm77
04-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I never said I didn't care. I'm sorry if it sounded that way. And I agree with you about the flat bottom working if it's built correctly. My main question was if anyone else has run in to this and it appears that squirrelsniper has based on his post so I'm not the only one. I have read about others being this way including Leupold. The reason I've pondered on it this much is because I've read that a lot of companies have a tolerance range for this. In other words the reticle can be off by "x" number of degrees and they consider it acceptable and won't necessarily fix it. As I said this is probably going to be used as a sight it in and leave it there rig but if I did decide to dial up and down with it, I was asking for which would be the better way to mount it. With the reticle plumb or the turrets plumb? That's all. Like I said, I may try it this way and see what happens. But I may get another one to put on it and send this one back too. The more I think about it the more it bothers me so I'll probably end up sending it back.