PDA

View Full Version : EGW base

jadek
03-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Hi. I'm looking at the EGW base for my rifle. Is it worth the difference in cost $39 VS $69 for a gun thats shot at most a half a box of shells a year?? Thanx Senior moment Model 111 w/ side mag release in 300 win mag........

earl39
03-15-2013, 04:57 PM
IMHO if you are going to continue to shoot at the same half a box a year rate and the current base is not causing problems nor or you planning to change rings to something that would cause you to be forced to change bases then, nope keep what ya got. For the record i have egw, nightforce, leatherwood, and burris bases along with one weaver rail (not recommending it for personal reasons) on my rifles. If you are going to replace the existing base then without going overboard for the use get the best you can for money spent.

jadek
03-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanx Mr. Earl sir......... I currently have basic 2 piece weavers on it. Scope is a 6x24x50 and long as heck. Want a base with multi slot so I can use one of my shorter/lower power Swift or Redfields. I'll toss a coin to see which EGW that I'll spring for.. Thanx again for your thoughts.. Stash

jadek
03-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Holy scope rings Batman..Was digging thru my shooting pieces and parts box, and I found a set of Weaver extended mounts. Looks like they'll do the trick and save me a few bucks as well..Time to shuffle scopes.. Can't get to it till tues or wed. Don't like to leave stuff half done... Belated Happy St. Patty's Day............