PDA

View Full Version : Bolt face plunger

Luckus
03-15-2013, 09:06 AM
How many of you match shooters remove the spring loaded plunger from the bolt face of your match rifles? And is it benefical? Thanks, Luckus

drybean
03-15-2013, 06:50 PM
I am not a match shooter
I do not run ejectors,not like picking my brass out of the dirt

drybean

bythebook
03-15-2013, 08:22 PM
I am not a match shooter
I do not run ejectors,not like picking my brass out of the dirt

drybean

+1 I am like drybean

Nor Cal Mikie
03-15-2013, 09:30 PM
I'am not a Match shooter either but all of my Savage rifles are set up as single shots. By single shot adaptors of single shot actions.
Never have to think about my brass getting gouged up feeding from a mag of picking it up out of the dirt. It gets picked off the bolt face and put where I want it.

bootsmcguire
03-15-2013, 09:50 PM
For me, I remove the plungers on my Target guns, but leave them in for my hunting guns. Like the gents said above, so much simpler to pick brass from action and put it back in the box.

Luckus
03-17-2013, 11:34 AM
For me, I remove the plungers on my Target guns, but leave them in for my hunting guns. Like the gents said above, so much simpler to pick brass from action and put it back in the box.

It makes sense. Thanks for the input. Luckus

82boy
03-17-2013, 11:28 PM
I am a match shooter, and if I can get the ejector to work I leave it in, because sometimes speed is king. As the old saying goes "If the brass isn't flying your are dying." I will say that if I am having a gun that is having problems ejecting brass, it is much easier and faster to pull the plunger out and pick the brass off the bolt head, than it is chasing the brass around inside the port.

As far as advantage, there is a belief that an ejector can cause accuracy problems as it can tip the case in the chamber as the ejector pushes on one saide of the case. As long as the cases are properly sized this will not be an issue.

JCalhoun
03-21-2013, 07:19 PM
My target rifles don't have them.