PDA

View Full Version : How do you utilize the Accutrigger?

mugsie
03-13-2013, 10:10 AM
The question is an easy one - when using the accutrigger, do you depress the accurelease until your finger makes contact with the trigger, then hold it there until you're ready, until finally squeezing the trigger to fire off the shot, or do you let your finger lightly rest on the accurelease, and when ready start depressing the release and then the trigger in one continuous motion?

Just curious.

stomp442
03-13-2013, 01:40 PM
I pause.

memilanuk
03-13-2013, 02:56 PM
I use it just like I would a two-stage trigger - I take up the slack in the first stage (the safety blade, in this case), pause, then press home the second stage when I want to break the shot.

Orr89rocz
03-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Same as above for me, take up slack then move into second stage. My old mauser actions with alot of trigger take up have taught me to find the spot just before fire, where i can start my pull from there

pdog06
03-13-2013, 09:00 PM
pause.

Maztech89
03-13-2013, 10:19 PM
I pause, but I hate the accutriggers so I do my best to swap them out when I get them. I much prefer the old 3 screw. I've taken the blade out of my 17hmr, but it's caused some problems and I would never recommend doing so, especially on a center fire

jonbearman
03-14-2013, 01:50 PM
If you take the blade out and cock it at a normal way it can and will go off without realizing and it is to late.Someone could get killed.I would rifle basix the gun everytime.

CharlieNC
03-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Pause too. I have (or had) most of the aftermarket triggers and a tuned-Accutrigger is my favorite; guess I have a personal twitch that the two-stage process addresses.

teebirdhyzer
03-14-2013, 05:58 PM
I take up the slack and then pause until I'm ready to break the shot. I only have a few rifles that don't have accutriggers, and really only one (a ruger 10/22 target model) that I ever shoot that doesn't have an accutrigger. I've ended up traiding in almost all of my stuff for Savages with accutriggers because 1. I think the triggers are great, and 2. I think it builds consistancy in my shooting and technique. No matter what rifle I grab, the triggers are all the same and I don't have to think about it. Wish I could install one on my Turkey gun!

mugsie
03-14-2013, 06:28 PM
I too pause, but I've tried it the other way as well and had success with that method also. One thing I do notice when I pause. If I'm not bringing the trigger straight back, sometimes the safety kicks in and it won't fire. I don't see this as a problem because it helps me concentrate on pulling straight back and corrects my form. Of course I'm only killing paper. I could see a problem if I were trying to put food on the table, but then again I may miss it anyhow since the pull isn't directly back!

I've tried other triggers, none of the hhigher end ones, but other stock triggers and maybe it's me but I've developed a liking for the accutrigger. My savages are absolute tack drivers, so I always challange myself with different positions etc. Since I know how well the gun shoots benched, anything off target is me when I'm shooting offhand or kneeling etc.

Thanks for taking the poll. I did think the spread would have been a little closer though.

Ogremccloud
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
I pause.