PDA

View Full Version : Savage 12 LRP Availability?

SCguy
03-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Hi, I'm looking to buy a 12 LRP in either 260 Rem or 6.5 Creedmoor. I'll buy whichever comes available first, but my preference is the 6.5 Creedmoor. however, I cannot find one I'm stock anywhere. I am signed up on several stock notifications lists, but nothing yet.
I've been reading some reports on forums about Savage switching the style of HS Precision stock from the original to the PST114 vertical grip style. I called savage today to see if this was the case, and spoke to a very friendly customer service rep who told me that they have indeed switched stocks for all production 12LRPs to the vertical grip style. This is great, because the original stocks low comb was the only fault I could find with the LRP. I was originally planning to sell the original stock and buy this style so this is a great change for me. Unfortunately, talking to the rep, he said that there is no way to tell by model number or anything what stock is on the gun, short of opening the box.
Anybody know how long it will be before we start to see more in stock? Or any way to find one now?

Thanks,
RD

jhelmuth
03-12-2013, 12:32 AM
If the avvailability of the LRP is extremely low at the moment, it seems to folow that most any of them that you do find will be "newer". At the end of the day, just ask the seller...

ace5uu
03-24-2013, 05:52 PM
I just got my 12 LRP (260 Rem) this week. I have been looking for it for a while and I did the same thing; signed up for email notifications at a bunch of different sites. One day while browsing at Bud's they had one in stock (I signed up for a notification from them and didn't get it) so I called them immediately to buy it.

I was also wondering about the different stock. I wanted the PST 114 but the guy I talked to on the phone said he had no way of verifying. I took a chance anyway and like jhelmuth said, if someone has it in stock it's probably one of the new ones. Sure enough, it came with the stock I wanted. Now I'm just waiting for a scope and some reloading dies.

northlander
03-25-2013, 12:52 AM
I have the Model 12 LRP in stock in the 6.5 Creedmoor. Give me a call and we can discuss this further - 763/682-4296.

Jim Briggs
NSS

SCguy
03-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks, but I just received mine from Chad James at North Texas Guns and Ammo. Really liking it so far!

RD

limige
03-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Too bad theres one fs on a local site for a great price. Michigangunowners.org. hes down to 750 on it 6.5 CM