PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a line on supplies?

Pages : 1 [2]

fgw_in_fla
03-18-2013, 07:30 PM
Looking for a good, inexpensive way to start reloading? If you can find one of these, I highly recommend it. Great way to start out. Just add die set, brass, powder, primers & bullets. Stir vigorously. Serve anytime.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121744/lee-challenger-breech-lock-single-stage-press-kit

sixonetonoffun
03-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Funny saw one on Ebay today then went to Midway to see what their price was. Really have to be careful in this market a guy could easily get dupered. Guess we sorta jacked this thread sorry OP!

maxl
03-29-2013, 10:58 PM
I decided after the last big scare we had in 08 I wouldn't be caught short on supplies again,so from 09 or so I slowly added bullets,powder,primers and brass until about a year ago when I realized I have enough to last my lifetime. When this all settles down and it will eventually and prices return to normal (I Hope) Some of you can stock up,if your budget allows for it. There will always be those in Washington to create this chaos,that is something that will never change but with enough supplies on hand you worry less about which way the polictical winds are blowing.

hockeyref
03-30-2013, 11:20 AM
I decided after the last big scare we had in 08 I wouldn't be caught short on supplies again,so from 09 or so I slowly added bullets,powder,primers and brass until about a year ago when I realized I have enough to last my lifetime. When this all settles down and it will eventually and prices return to normal (I Hope) Some of you can stock up,if your budget allows for it. There will always be those in Washington to create this chaos,that is something that will never change but with enough supplies on hand you worry less about which way the polictical winds are blowing.

I wanted to do that too.... going back to prob 2005. Thing is, every time I was in a position to stock up something came up that was more important - in one way or another.... between the house, the cars, losing a job, scraping by without for a couple years... Didn't thin the herd much but most of what was in the safe was on the "expendable list". I finally got a full time job about a year and a half ago but we are ~$10k less total household income than 2008 and everything doubled in price...

maxl
03-31-2013, 05:53 PM
I guess I don't understand? Why would anyone buy powder,primers and bullets on gunbroker at inflated prices. It's not like they are in a combat zone and need ammo to stay alive. Given time this will all go away and settle back to normal. The million dollar question is when?

fgw_in_fla
03-31-2013, 07:25 PM
I guess I don't understand? Why would anyone buy powder,primers and bullets on gunbroker at inflated prices. It's not like they are in a combat zone and need ammo to stay alive. Given time this will all go away and settle back to normal. The million dollar question is when?

I really hope you're right. I guess some of us don't share your optimism.
Personally, i got a baaaaaaad feeling about this. I'll leave my political views on hold as I know the boss frowns on it.
Happy Easter.

outback andy
03-31-2013, 07:34 PM
It shouldn't be to much longer, Cabela just shipped me my .223 bullets I had on there back orders , I hope the manufactures of the
primers are going to start shipping soon too, I,m thinking they ship the truck loads all at the same time..

jhelmuth
03-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey Frank... let me know what you are needing in .308 pills. I don't have a lot - but what I have I'd be happy to share with you.

Jim

fgw_in_fla
03-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Hey Frank... let me know what you are needing in .308 pills. I don't have a lot - but what I have I'd be happy to share with you.

Jim

Big Jim, I say thank you for the offer but...
Some of the guys here turned me on to a few additional places so now, I have a total of 8 places plus my local guy I've been able to maintain with.
For now, we're in good shape for the shape we're in over here.
Thank you again & have a blessed Easter, my friend.

thermaler
04-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Personally, i got a baaaaaaad feeling about this. I'll leave my political views on hold as I know the boss frowns on it.
Happy Easter.Me too...unfortunately. As long as people are uncertain about the future, they will continue to buy and horde--I don't know what the facts are, but I'm certain the threat of a ban has resulted in nothing more than a giant surge of the kinds of weapons and materials under the threat of banning into the public's hands--both the good and the bad. It's a self-feeding cycle.

n4ue
04-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Happy Easter.

FGW, up in JAX, there is about 10 THOUSAND POUNDS, YES pounds, not cases (!) of 5.56, 7.62, 50 BMG, and misc pistol brass up for sale at a Gov auction. Not to mention 22,000 LBS of lead ingots.
Ron
(near Lake City and thinking of making a one hour trip!!)

fgw_in_fla
04-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Not bad....
Now if I only had several thousand bucks in liquid, disposable cash I'd go with you. I've read about those govt' auctions. I think they're all or none... No partial packages. Of course if you approach the buyer you might be able to make a deal.
Let me know how you do if you go.