PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: Trigger Issues...

JRodko
03-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Savage Model 25 Varminter in .204 with the thumbhole laminate stock. Over-all I am very, very impressed with this rifle except for one or two little issues. I'm just wondering if there's any mods I can do to lighten it (only adjustable down to 2.5 pounds) and I'd like to bring that down by at least a pound to make those longer shots easier. I've heard about people trimming the trigger spring half a coil at a time until they see results but I'm obviously skeptical. I've also heard of polishing the sear etc. but that sounds like a hassle and inconsistent. When I pull the trigger I also notice a little bit of spring creaking and although it's not a huge issue I'd prefer it wasn't there.

Cheers,

J

P.S. If this is in the wrong place I apologize please move!

teebirdhyzer
03-11-2013, 02:08 PM
I always take my spring out and clip 1 to 1.5 coils off of the large end right off the bat. You can try 1/2 coil at a time, but it you take a little too much, you can just use the accutrigger adjustment tool and tighten it back up a little. The only issue I ever run into is the factory spring has the little bend at the bottom that makes it sit in the correct spot. Once you clip the spring that is no longer there. You may have to "piddle" with it a little to get it to settle in the correct spot and stay put, but it's no big deal. Or, you can order a target accutrigger spring from Sharp Shooter Supply for about $5 and not have to worry about any of this.

JRodko
03-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Being in Canada SharpShooterSupply can't help me out. I actually have a pretty hilarious e-mail conversation I just had with them...

Cheers