PDA

View Full Version : Different wrist From Franks Rifle.

thorshammer
03-10-2013, 08:34 PM
I have just bought a New Left-hand Savage in .243 and was looking for the Stock Mods he has done (the one where he fills in the holes in the wrist.) Well in taking off my trigger guard the first thing I noticed is that the wrist on my gun is TOTALLY different than Franks rifle. Mine has 3 holes on the bolt side an 4 on the non-bolt side where as Franks has 2 an 3. Also where The holes in Franks rifle are hollow Mine are FILLED in to about 1/4 from the top with a crossbar going from corner to corner. The hole on my rifle are about 3/8ths long by 1/4 wide. the 4th hole on the non-bolt side is a little smaller than the rest. Also where Franks Rifle has 5 narrow holes on the bolt side an 4 narrow on the non-bolt side Mine has 4 bolt side an 3 non-bolt side. Mine still has the 2 holes in the rear. This difference makes the wrist on MY rifle very stiff. Sorry for the long thread. http://s1252.beta.photobucket.com/user/thors50odin/media/STA70258.jpg.html

sixonetonoffun
03-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Wonder if the current production RH models have the same "improvements"?

CA Turkey Huntsman
03-11-2013, 12:29 PM
I just had my Axis delivered two weeks ago, and it unfortunately still came wth the "flexible flyer" stock. Would be nice if the stock were a bit stiffer, but it isn't a show-stopper.

fgw_in_fla
03-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Still shooting mine...
Even with the additional weight of a heavy contour barrel & counterweighted in the butt (like my ol lady) it's still hanging in there.

Just don't drop it on the stock end or try to go thru a doorway with it sideways & you'll be fine.

Somebody's gotta make a better stock soon.
I hope.

CA Turkey Huntsman
03-11-2013, 03:32 PM
If everybody here on the Axis forum would go to Boyd's stocks and make a request for a "classic" wood stock for Axis, they might just make it for us. Boyd's has a page where they ask you what stocks you would like for them to produce, if they are already not making it. I just filled out the form yesterday:

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/content/Boyds/CustomPages/requestform.htm

-Dennis
CA Turkey Huntsman

fgw_in_fla
03-11-2013, 04:14 PM
I think we may have did that not too very long ago...
I recall someone putting up a link to do just that.

What the heck....
I'm game. I'll have another go at it.