PDA

View Full Version : hard to chamber a round.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

tacticalpanda
03-17-2013, 10:25 AM
The thing is some if not most competent smiths will set the headspace tight for accuracy shooting and handlaods. This may have been just set at the minimum and the ammo was made for a nato chambered gun(he did say surplus).

I started with surplus but had the same problem when I ran some match grade ammo through it. Then with the go gauge I had the same problem, but not as drastic as with the ammo.

tacticalpanda
03-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Man that is so true, when I use to show up with my savage stuff, I would get all kinds of grief and almost ridiculed, and long wait times just for the sake of jerking me around, now hundreds of barrel swaps later and many Remington conversions revenge tastes SWEET.

Dean

After doing it myself I'm glad I went with Savage and will go with many more in my future. I may not be a professional gun smith and never will claim to be but it sure is satisfying working on your own guns and knowing you put everything together. Only personal I can blame if they don't work is me.

stangfish
03-17-2013, 11:30 AM
I may not be a professional gun smith and never will claim to be but it sure is satisfying working on your own guns and knowing you put everything together. Only personal I can blame if they don't work is me.

You said a mouthful my brother.

scope eye
03-17-2013, 11:36 AM
I like blaming the Dog, especially when it comes to, well you know. LOL

Dean

scope eye
03-17-2013, 11:50 AM
I was an automotive tech for a long time and when ever there was a electrical problem 99% of the time it was a ground, so when someone says, I just installed this barrel and it's doing or it does that, they occom's razor of guns is headspace.

Dean

stangfish
03-17-2013, 01:13 PM
I like blaming the Dog, especially when it comes to, well you know. LOL

Dean

The dog usualy catches on to the game faster.