PDA

View Full Version : B&C Duramaxx..... WTF!!!

KSP446
01-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I have a new Savage 10FP with the 4 3/8 inch action screw spacing. I want a Duramaxx stock for it but all of the ones that I have found are for the older Savage actions. I know the tactical medalist is available for the new actions but I want a Duramaxx!! So I figured I would just call Bell and Carlson and see if or when they would be available for the new actions. I asked the lady if the Durmaxx stock would be available for the new actions and she said nope, not at this time! WTF!?! This seems to be a very popular replacement stock for savage rifles! So I guess from now on, if you buy a new Savage rifle, you can forget about getting a Duramaxx stock for it!! :-[

sinman
01-18-2010, 06:33 PM
you can make it fit, drill out the front pillar to a larger diameter and install a new pillar

pa hog
01-18-2010, 06:41 PM
:-\ If you wanted a Duramax that bad why did'nt you check screw spacing before you bought the gun?

Uncle Jack
01-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Now, you are beginning to realize what us left handed folks have been dealing with all our lives.

uj

KSP446
01-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Well I wanted a new 10FP and that's just how they come now! I didn't buy the gun for the stock, I just wanted the stock for the gun! I may try that making it fit though, where can I get a new pillar?

Tightgroups
01-19-2010, 03:19 AM
If your planing on making it fit with a new pillar, and all else fails, you can make one from steel lamp tubing, I have herd of even using car brake line. But the lamp tubing works good, its all thread tubing, so there's plenty of outer surface threads for epoxy to get a good grip on. I used it on one of my 6BRs and its works great. Its also a little larger and that helps in alignment.
And you can also buy pillar kits, sort of a cut to fit kit. Doing this is not that big of a job, assuming your going to bed it anyway.
Mike.

rjtfroggy
01-19-2010, 08:08 AM
You can buy pillars from Stocky's for $11 or you can take the ones from the stock you have.
If it is a tupperware( the cheap stock) just heat up the area around the pillars with a hair dryer or heat gun and then tap them back through the stock. I have done it both ways, in a hurry drive them out, plenty of time buy new ones.

JCalhoun
01-20-2010, 09:58 PM
You can use Rem 700 pillars also, same radius and screw hole.