PDA

View Full Version : Choate Ultimate Sniper/Ultimate varminter stocks + CDI Precision DBM

palerider338
03-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Just got an email from Jeff at CDI re: Inletting Choate U.S./U.V stocks using their DBM system.

NOT A PROBLEM !!! Same $ 60 to inlet them as any other stock.

BTW. The Choate trigger guard stays intact and the Bottom metal sits a little more recessed in the stock than most stocks ( about 1/4 inch approximately ).

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q697/Palerider338/SavagewithChoateSuperSniperandCDibottommetal_zpse6 6e84fb.jpg

Posting pictures here is sooo easy even I can do it !!!!:applause:

NOTE : Choate USniper & UVarmint CANNOT be made to work with TRIGGER GUARD BOLT release as

per CDI.

CHOATE TACTICAL stock CAN BE made to work with TGB release.

juanfabuloso
03-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Just got an email from Jeff at CDI re: Inletting Choate U.S./U.V stocks using their DBM system.

NOT A PROBLEM !!! Same $ 60 to inlet them as any other stock.

BTW. The Choate trigger guard stays intact and the Bottom metal sits a little more recessed in the stock than most stocks ( about 1/4 inch approximately ).

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q697/Palerider338/SavagewithChoateSuperSniperandCDibottommetal_zpse6 6e84fb.jpg

CDI finished my Stevens 200 varmint .223 build with the Choate Ultimate Sniper stock just last week. Outstanding fit and finish. I had Jeff and Pam source the stock, do the inletting and install the DBM. Just outstanding. Preparing to sent them a Savage 116 for the same combo.

John

bodywerks
03-06-2013, 10:27 AM
The better question would be, can the molded trigger guard be hacked off and inletted for a bottom bolt release action. Here's a little extra help for posting pics from photobucket - surround the image link with and the pic will pop up in your post. Or click on image options on photobucket for the pic you want to show and copy the "image link" and paste it here. It already has the img blocks embedded...

capreppy
03-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I've got a 223 build in a USS. I've been thinking of moving it to an XLR chassis (like it's big brother the 260 Rem). This would be an excellent option to reduce costs since it is already in a USS.

palerider338
03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
@ bodywerks : Thanks for the Photobucket tip.....will use it next time around.

Don't see why you couldn't remove the Choate guard and inlet for a bottom bolt release. That's what I thought CDI was going to do. Not sure how much meat there is in the Choate grip to work with.....might have to do some epoxy fill in before inletting it. Probably more wampum to do it that way.

@capreppy : Both Choate and XLR are good stocks......just depends on how deep your pockets are...$200 +/- vs $1000 +.

capreppy
03-06-2013, 03:00 PM
It is actually closer to $500 ($200 for stock, $200 for DBS, plus $60 for inletting plus shipping) versus $810 shipped for an XLR. Mags are separate on both.

palerider338
03-19-2013, 03:21 PM
UPDATED INFO to OP

squirrelsniper
03-21-2013, 03:45 AM
Good to know.
I'd been considering trying to do such an inlet myself with a drill press and a Dremel. For $60 though, I might just let someone who knows what they're doing do it for me before I ruin something :eek:

ODA 0121
03-22-2013, 08:46 AM
capreppy,
If you go with a XLR chassis you'll love it, Kyle makes a great system. It's way above a Choate stock for function, fit and finish.

capreppy
03-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Once I get mine back from my smith (having chassis cerakoted in Corvette Yellow), I'll get a new thread up. Makes my 260 Rem build just shine.

It is definitely a nice system and am saving my pennies for a second one.