PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 Firing Pin ?????

kanaykinipela
03-05-2013, 05:37 PM
My buddy convinced me to make my first custom build using a Savage so that I can be part of the Brotherhood. I am super excited and enjoying the project however I have run into a snag that I cannot seem to figure out concerning my firing pin. My project rifle is a Savage 11 SA Trophy Hunter XP .243 and the rifle I am building is a 7mm WSM. I ordered a replacement SA Magnum bolt head from PTG but since the lugs are longer, my firing pin protusion is off. Problem with my firing pin is that it is not adjustable and looks similar to the Axis and M25 firing pins. Any ideas as to how I can remedy this problem? Thanks.

DillPickle
03-05-2013, 05:57 PM
My buddy convinced me to make my first custom build using a Savage so that I can be part of the Brotherhood. I am super excited and enjoying the project however I have run into a snag that I cannot seem to figure out concerning my firing pin. My project rifle is a Savage 11 SA Trophy Hunter XP .243 and the rifle I am building is a 7mm WSM. I ordered a replacement SA Magnum bolt head from PTG but since the lugs are longer, my firing pin protusion is off. Problem with my firing pin is that it is not adjustable and looks similar to the Axis and M25 firing pins. Any ideas as to how I can remedy this problem? Thanks.

I think your freind must be nothing short of a GENIUS for talking you into using a savage. If he is as smart as you say he is then just have him make you a firing pin out of a piece of drill rod. The specs on the firing pin you are talking about would not be terribly difficult to duplicate. hope your build goes off with a bang! Pun intended