PDA

View Full Version : Question about sigle shot follower

acemisser
03-04-2013, 04:11 PM
I have a Savage Mod.10 the magazine stays in the stock

when you left off the barrel...So is this considered the

center feed? I want to order 1 from SSS and want to make

sure I order the correct one..Does it fit into the magazine?

Thanks for any needed advice...John:frusty:

forgot 223 short action....

Nor Cal Mikie
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
If the mag stays in the stock when the action is removed, it's a "center feed". What you want is the "Fred Sled" from Sharp Shooter Supply. It replaces the mag with a modified unit. Works like a dream.

jpdown
03-04-2013, 08:05 PM
The "Fred Sled" is a single shot DBM adapter for CF stocks with the metal DBM latch.

I beleive you have a CF blind magazine stock. So what you need is the SSS Single Shot Loading Ramp. There is a SA or LA ramp for centerfeed actions that fits like a glove. No need for modification with a CF action. Go to the Sharp Shooter Supply web site http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/ and look at the pictures.

I have also used the CF ramp in a SF action with some minor modifications. It's just slightly too long for a SF action. So file/grind/cut enough metal off the rear of the ramp so it will slide up into the rear of the SF magazine port. A drop or two of epoxy glue in the seam at the rear of the ramp will keep it in place.

acemisser
03-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Is sharp shooter supply still in business? noone answers the phone.I sent in an order and have heard nothing.
I have sent 2 emails about it and have got no replies...Or does it take a long time to get thing..s Thanks

jpdown
03-21-2013, 06:37 PM
They are still in business, but always very busy. It is very difficult to get them by phone and I am sure their small shop can't answer the flood of emails they must get. It usually takes 1 to 2 weeks to get an item that is in stock. Check your credit card statement to see if the order has been processed.

acemisser
03-27-2013, 05:51 PM
They are still in business, but always very busy. It is very difficult to get them by phone and I am sure their small shop can't answer the flood of emails they must get. It usually takes 1 to 2 weeks to get an item that is in stock. Check your credit card statement to see if the order has been processed.

The charge is on my card,but I have not heard anything from them..Been about a month now...They do not reply to my e mails either..Seems like I would have had it by now...

Great news---Just heard from Lisa--They are behind orders so mine will be coming soon...Oh can't wait to get it.....

JW
03-27-2013, 06:15 PM
No worries Acemisser
It will get to you, I am sure they are backed up
From what I have read about the follower, you will be glad you got it
Jack

acemisser
03-28-2013, 06:53 AM
No worries Acemisser
It will get to you, I am sure they are backed up
From what I have read about the follower, you will be glad you got it
Jack

I have heard they work great as well.....

jpdown
03-28-2013, 11:06 AM
In my experience, the SSS single shot follower for a Savage blind magazine stock or the Fred sled for a Savage metal CF DBM is the way to go if you want to eliminate feeding issues no matter what cartridge, bullet or OAL you want to load.