PDA

View Full Version : Question - 10 round mag for 111?

vin100
03-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Hi - not sure where to ask the question but been looking for a plug and play 10 round mag for my 111. it is a .223. Anybody make them?

Thank you!

V.

bootsmcguire
03-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Check out www.sharpshootersupply.com. I believe they sell extended factory savage for factory bottom metal.

Although I just realized you say you have a 111 which would make it a long action so I doubt that is a factory DBM 223. You may be able to get bottom metal from CDI perhaps, but I think most of the aftermarket bottom metal is designed for long actions shooting long action calibers, or short actions shooting short action calibers but not Long actions factory setup for short action mag boxes.

I guess the question is do you have a Model 11 which is a short action, or a model 111 which is a long action?

vin100
03-03-2013, 11:37 PM
It the 11/ 111 hunter xp

QUOTE=bootsmcguire;170312]Check out www.sharpshootersupply.com. I believe they sell extended factory savage for factory bottom metal.

Although I just realized you say you have a 111 which would make it a long action so I doubt that is a factory DBM 223. You may be able to get bottom metal from CDI perhaps, but I think most of the aftermarket bottom metal is designed for long actions shooting long action calibers, or short actions shooting short action calibers but not Long actions factory setup for short action mag boxes.

I guess the question is do you have a Model 11 which is a short action, or a model 111 which is a long action?[/QUOTE]

bootsmcguire
03-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Ok, then you have an 11 which is a short action. Head to the link I posted above and cruise around. That's the only factory type extended Savage mag that I am aware of.

You can get others, but they require different and cashy bottom metal. Its good bottom metal, but it don't come free.