PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Questions from new Savage Mark II owner

PiEfLaVoReD
03-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Hello. I just recently got my first firearm, Its a Savage Mark II with the standard included scope. I've been looking around at bipods cause i would like to put one on my 22 and everyone says go for Harris bipods cause the quality and durability. I was wondering if anyone knew the cheapest model of Harris bipods that would fit my rifle. I'm pretty sure it would have to be a sling mount bipod, only need a 6"-9" model, nothing too big or compact. But i was also wanting to still be able to mount a sling to the rifle as i hear some include a sling adapter or something of the sort. So if anyone could give me any suggestions it would really be appreciated. And one last question, i was wondering if it was damaging to the gun if you dry fired it after you're done shooting to make sure its completely empty. Thanks.

jpdown
03-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Look at Harris S-BR Bipod. Fits on your front sling stud. It has sling stud built-in to attach your sling to the bipod and rear rifle stud. Swivel frame allows you to eliminate rifle cant on any surface.

J.Baker
03-04-2013, 02:09 PM
+1 to what jp said.

PiEfLaVoReD
03-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys for the replies. The S-BR looks like a good bipod to pick. Any word on dry firing?

thomae
03-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Generally not a good idea to dry fire rimfires. It may be ok for a while, but you run the risk of peening the firing pin or the edge of the chamber where the firing pin hits. I'd use a spent shell casing or buy a snap-cap or equivalent. There are some rubber chamber plugs that facilitate dry firing as well.

tzvier
03-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Look at post 12 here in regards to dry firing
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420811

PiEfLaVoReD
03-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks Guys.

cubdrvr
04-10-2013, 10:38 PM
I recently purchased a MK II. Curious as to why there are two front sling studs?

squirrelsniper
04-11-2013, 03:10 PM
I recently purchased a MK II. Curious as to why there are two front sling studs?

One is for a bipod, the other is for a sling. Most prefer this set-up to the old method of putting the bipod on one stud then attaching the sling to the bipod.