PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Adjust? (No sear adjustment screw)

snowshoes
03-01-2013, 03:07 AM
I have a model 110. i am building a 6.5X284. I have everything but the stock i am waiting for from SSS. I was getting bored waiting so i took a look at the trigger. I was reading the info on this site for the 3 screw adjustment and realized i don't have the sear adjustment screw on mine. do i adjust the same way and omit the sear or is there another way?

goinssr
03-01-2013, 07:18 PM
I have a model 110. i am building a 6.5X284. I have everything but the stock i am waiting for from SSS. I was getting bored waiting so i took a look at the trigger. I was reading the info on this site for the 3 screw adjustment and realized i don't have the sear adjustment screw on mine. do i adjust the same way and omit the sear or is there another way?
There are a few different trigger assemblies out there depending on the age of your rifle. You may be able to get some good skinny if you could post a pic of your trigger.

jonbearman
03-01-2013, 08:50 PM
You can use the sss trigger or the rifle basix sav-2 is my newer favorite.

bootsmcguire
03-01-2013, 09:12 PM
I am willing to bet that you have a 2-screw trigger which is the same as the 3-screw, just omitting the sear engagment screw. If this is the case then adjustment should be same as the 3-screw just omitting the Sear screw stage. That said, be sure what trigger you have and after any adjustments to any trigger, test with dry firing, do a drop test, and do a hard bolt cycle test before putting any ammo in the gun.

I have a 2-screw on one of my hunting guns and after being properly adjusted, it is a good hunting trigger and actually breaks pretty darn clean at about a 4lb pull.

243LPR
03-01-2013, 11:26 PM
I just put a sav-2 on my 110. Haven't shot it yet but at 1 lb I'm loving it. Well worth the money.

floydboy
03-02-2013, 05:23 PM
There is a thread around here that shows how to tune a 2 or three screw trigger. If you have a 2 screw you can drill and tap the hole for a three screw. It isn't easy but can be done with a home drill press. Does make it easier for very fine adjustments. If you happy with the trigger as a two screw then don't worry about it. Definitely do your research and pay attention to what your doing. Again this isn't a easy mod as the trigger is quit hard to drill and tap. Occasionly you will see a three screw on ebay in a pile of parts you can pick up pretty cheap. My older Savages all have three screws on them and I like them a lot better than the accutrigger models. So well in fact I'm not going to pay $100 to improve them. I will get around to replacing the accutrigger though.

Good luck....Floyd

big honkin jeep
03-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Swapinng out the spring will help spme too. They are easily made with some .043 music wire. I have one 2 screw That I sheilde the face of the sear and put a spot weld in the location of the sear screw. I then filed it a few strokes at a time trial fitting every few strokes until I got it right. Not fully adjustable but much better pull than factory.

GUNFANATIC
03-02-2013, 09:59 PM
There is a thread around here that shows how to tune a 2 or three screw trigger. If you have a 2 screw you can drill and tap the hole for a three screw. It isn't easy but can be done with a home drill press. Does make it easier for very fine adjustments. If you happy with the trigger as a two screw then don't worry about it. Definitely do your research and pay attention to what your doing. Again this isn't a easy mod as the trigger is quit hard to drill and tap. Occasionly you will see a three screw on ebay in a pile of parts you can pick up pretty cheap. My older Savages all have three screws on them and I like them a lot better than the accutrigger models. So well in fact I'm not going to pay $100 to improve them. I will get around to replacing the accutrigger though.

Good luck....Floyd

This is it I think.
http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/savage/

stangfish
03-02-2013, 11:35 PM
The second picture tells the story.