PDA

View Full Version : Cover Scent for Coyotes

Pages : 1 [2]

sniper81
04-25-2010, 08:09 AM
i use a mixture of coyote,fox,rabbit,and bobcat urine couple years ago had a coyote come upwind of me and a budy stope 30feet from us and buddy drilled it with his ar10

Rifleman4910
04-25-2010, 10:18 AM
I use a special scent called ( STAY DOWN WIND ) it works every time. Every thing else is a waste of money, unless it makes you feel better.

Three44s
04-25-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't know what money smells like ........ :'(

........ you can't smell what's not there!

A late friend of mine swore by unscenting as much as possible and then using "Earth" scent as he went into a stand.

When he first began using it, he had a coyote run right up the access trail he used to access the stand. Five minutes apart!

That's results I can believe in.

(Anybody got some money I can smell?)

Three 44s

forger
04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Never used scent cover..nothing against it..just never used it. When deer hunting though, I have been known to purposely walk in cow manurte and rub my boots against each other..spreading it on the sides of the boots. I think it works for deer..

sniper81
04-26-2010, 03:47 AM
i dont use mine for cover scent i mist it around, some days dont have to call them in they come in on currosity

BrentWin
04-27-2010, 03:33 PM
i use a mixture of coyote,fox,rabbit,and bobcat urine couple years ago had a coyote come upwind of me and a budy stope 30feet from us and buddy drilled it with his ar10

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/brentwin/coyote2-1.jpg

Gagggggg!!!! That guy's got coyote, fox, rabbit, and bobcat pee all over him. I'm going to be sick!

A complete waste of time, but buy some, it's good for the economy

sniper81
04-28-2010, 07:13 PM
not on me at all spray on grass and bushes around the area

BrentWin
04-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Go over to Predator Masters and do a search on cover scent. These guys are hard core. The consensous is that if a coyote gets down wind of you, you had just as well be wearing Old Spice.

The trick is to set up so that they have to show themselves before they hit your scent cone.

cornstalker
05-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Yep, my cover scent is called "hot lead".

It covers the smell of gun oil, fabric softener, halitosis, gastro-intestinal distress, Copenhagen, etc.

Works pretty good for the most part, but then I hunt open country.

Three44s
05-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm thinkin' on carrying a "little skunk" ....... in "me pocket".

My wife thinks that idea ....... STINKS!

Three 44s

desertdog
05-01-2010, 01:50 PM
i have found that the wind to be my best cover scent. when i set up i like the wind from left to right or right to left. that way i can watch the down wind side. but anything can and will happen when you are calling them coyotes!!!! i do wash my clothes in a nonscented soap and try to play the wind.

borg
05-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I got tired of buying all those expensive urines. I find that not shaking works just as effectively.