PDA

View Full Version : New Savage/Stevens 200 LA Centerfeed in a B&C Duramax??

dwm
01-16-2010, 09:38 PM
I was about to order a Bell and Carlson Duramax to use with a new Savage/Stevens 200 LA (.270) and discovered the the new Stevens has an internal centerfeed magazine.

I am pretty sure the Duramax are designed to be used with a staggerfeed magazine that does not have the clip that sits on the back pillar ...

I checked a couple older Savage LA stocks, one of which the action is now in a Duramax and found those stocks/magazines don't have the clip that goes on the pillar.

This really limits the stock choices for the long action centerfeed internal magazine Savages with a varmint profile barrel.

So, would someone please confirm the B&C Duramax "DO NOT" work with the new Savage LA centerfeed actions/magazines.

Thanks,

doug

GaCop
01-17-2010, 08:42 AM
You can get it to work but it will take fitting the centerfeed mag into the Duramaxx stock and getting everything lined up to reliably feed. There are a few posts here on the boards explaining how it's done. I believe it's in the stock section of the forums.

nrar15
01-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Like GaCop said it will work. I did mine just carved out for the tab and used some wood shimes will put some epoxy in to hold it in for good.
Bob

stuberr
06-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Just completed the Duramaxx install for LA CF 300 win mag 112bvss.

In order to install the centerfeed clip assy into the Duramaxx:

File the groove for the clip assembly. I had to build up the rear of the mag box with a 1/4 inch Plywood shim and a 3/8 shim to the front with 1/8 shims on both sides. After a couple of assembly checks, I coated all with a skim of JB Weld and installed same. This made it a press fit to the Duramaxx same as the BVSS I removed it from and dummy rounds feed fine.

Regards,

Rich