PDA

View Full Version : Savage 111 bottom metal help.

tcecil88
02-27-2013, 12:01 AM
I am looking to upgrade my blind mag Model 111F to either the hinged bottom plate or DBM. I am having trouble finding the parts. I think it's an improper nomenclature issue on my part. Any help will be appreciated.

stangfish
02-27-2013, 12:46 AM
There is a staggerfeed and a centerfeed long action. Since your stock is not inleted you will need the correct stock and bottom metal. On the home page you will find some usefull information that will give you some insight on the information that needs to be provided for others to help you.

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?124-centerfire-faq-s

Waiting to here back from you.

tcecil88
02-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Thanks very much. I will look on the factory box when I get home for a manufacture date. I don't recall seeing one on the box, would it be anywhere else? I bought the rifle brand new, but as per the link you gave me, does not neccassarily mean newly manufactured.
I was looking on Boyd's website last night and they do not show a stock for the 111 with the bottom metal anyway, so all this may be a moot point.

tcecil88
02-27-2013, 06:00 PM
Looking down into the magwell I would say it is a center feed. I cannot find anything about a date on the box.

tcecil88
02-27-2013, 07:02 PM
I have looked on both Midway and Brownell's with no luck.

J.Baker
02-27-2013, 07:40 PM
When you pull the barreled action out of the stock, does the blind magazine stay in the stock or is it attached to the action?

Stays in stock = Centerfeed
Attached to action = Staggered Feed

If you have a centerfeed it's as simple as buying a long-action stock, bottom metal and appropriate magazine from Savage or Numrick's. If it's a staggered-feed then you're pretty much SOL.

jpdown
02-27-2013, 09:00 PM
You can order the LA centerfeed metal magazine and metal bottom cap from Savage Arms Parts or possible Sharp Shooter Supply. The cap snaps onto your centerfeeed magazine box and follower. Paid members on this site can put a WTB ad in the classified section and see if one of the member has the parts they will sell. You can also order a LA CF stock from Savage Arms Parts with the CF DBM/HPF cutout. But as already mentioned, check out Numrich Gun Parts for discontinued/overstocked Savage LA CF stocks with the DBM cutout.

tcecil88
02-27-2013, 11:20 PM
I found Sharp Shooter Supply. They have all the parts I need to convert it. Thanks for the replies.