PDA

View Full Version : Good price for a 516?

Otony
02-25-2013, 11:05 PM
I want by a friend's shop today, and realized he has had a very clean 516 .308 sitting in his display case for a couple of years now. It is an obscure part of the shop, poorly lit, which it why most folks don't even realize it s there I guess.

Asked to look at it, very, very clean. Center grip, LH bolt, SS, and it has a variable power bushnell scope mounted using extension rings both fore and aft (the front ring was reversed, giving the mounts a sort of "bridge"appearance).

Asking price is $449, but he will definitely come down a bit for cash. I imagine he would take 425, maybe even 400. The scope has a strange scuff on the bottom of the ocular bell, but functioned correctly insofar as power adjustment.

So, dumb question to which I already know the answer, good deal?

Otony

bootsmcguire
02-25-2013, 11:53 PM
A 516 for under $500. BUY IT! If you can get him to take $425 all the better but if he says no, I'd still take it home for the $449. I have been watching for a deal like that on one, and still looking. You hit the motherload.

Otony
02-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I kinda thought so.

I sold a super clean 516 in .308 about eight or nine years ago for 350 bucks. At the time I was happy but it didn't take long for me to realize I had screwed up once again......:(

bootsmcguire
02-26-2013, 12:06 AM
Ouch, where was I that day...;)

yorketransport
02-26-2013, 11:44 PM
If you don't buy it, I'll drive over there from wet side of the state and buy it! Including fuel and drive time from Yelm (it outside of Olympia), I'd still consider that a pretty good deal.

Good to see another Washingtonian on here.

Andrew

Otony
02-27-2013, 11:35 PM
yorketransport,

Sent you a PM sir.

Otony

Appleseed
03-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Good find on the striker. Andrew's a great member to deal with.

yorketransport
03-10-2013, 09:14 AM
I was very close to buying this Striker, but I just I just don't have time to start another project. That, and I don't know where I would put it. Strikers just don't fit in the safe very well!

Good find on the striker. Andrew's a great member to deal with.
Thanks James! I've had a bit of time to play around with that 243 Striker I got from you. Took it out to 580 yards last weekend. The wind was brutal but I still made a few hits with it. Those small bores will test your wind doping skills!

Andrew