PDA

View Full Version : Harris Bipod and the Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock

capreppy
02-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Ok.. So who has a Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock and has installed a Harris Bipod.

The Anschutz style rail sits high and causes the bipod to not make contact with the stock. I've tried all the adapters to no avail. If I can't figure something out and soon, this stock is going away (hint...hint, and yes I am a paid member and can sell here).

Suggestions? Selling the stock is an option because I am at my wits end.

JackinSD
02-25-2013, 07:13 PM
You might try one of these: http://www.combatstocks.com/Choate_Short_Bipod_Adapter_for_Ultimate_Varmint_St ocks.cfm
Comes with the Tactical Stock but not the Ultimate Sniper or Ultimate Varmint stocks.

capreppy
02-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks. For $23, it is worth a try.

poorbuthappy
02-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Maybe try filing the rail down.... Mill or belt sander? Free

JackinSD
02-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Thanks. For $23, it is worth a try.

I have both a Tactical and a Ultimate Varmint. I took the bipod adapter from the Tactical and it works perfectly with the Varmint rail as well. I am pretty confident it is going to work the same for you.

capreppy
02-25-2013, 08:09 PM
I have both a Tactical and a Ultimate Varmint. I took the bipod adapter from the Tactical and it works perfectly with the Varmint rail as well. I am pretty confident it is going to work the same for you.

Thanks!! Got one on order. I would prefer to not have to get another stock as I really do like this one. When the funds become available, I'll get an XLR for this build, but that may be a few more months.

capreppy
03-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Just to give everyone an update. Got one in from Combat Stocks. Works PERFECTLY. I'll keep the stock and save up for an XLR to match its big brother (260 Rem build that is in flight).

JackinSD
03-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Just to give everyone an update. Got one in from Combat Stocks. Works PERFECTLY. I'll keep the stock and save up for an XLR to match its big brother (260 Rem build that is in flight).

Glad it worked out.

squirrelsniper
03-21-2013, 02:13 AM
I'm kind of late to the party, but I had the same complaint about the Choate-supplied adapter with an Ultimate Varmint stock (same rail design as the USS). I can't remember for sure where I got it (Midway, I think), but I found a simple sling stud that is made for railed forearms and that has worked for me. It's basically just a standard sling stud made on a flat piece of steel that slides into the rail and then secures with a set screw. It was less $10 if I remember right. Just look around for sling stud adaptors made for Anschutz-style rails and you should find it. But beware, there are ones made for different rail sizes, and I can't remember for sure what size the Choate rail is.

masterblaster
03-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Which Harris Bipod did you install?

capreppy
03-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Which Harris Bipod did you install?

It's actually a Harris clone that I got off SnipersHide, but basically equivalent to a Harris BRM (NOT the S version).