PDA

View Full Version : 338 Lapua reloading

RyanMeyerhofer
02-24-2013, 10:53 PM
I just bought a savage 110 FCP-HS, i have been reloading for years but haven't had a chance to try the 338 Lapua yet....... my question is does anyone have any pet loads? im useing Hornady brass right now because Lapua is unavalable right now... i have 3 bullets im playing with right now 250gr Hornady match hollow point, 280gr Barnes Tiped Tripple shock, 300gr Berger hybrid match hollow points..... any pet loads would be appriceiated

Ryan

brtelec
02-25-2013, 02:40 PM
I am currently loading my 110 FCP-HS with 300 gr. SMK, 98 gr. of Retumbo, with a 215M primer. I get an average velocity 2820 and it is very accurate.

esquared
03-17-2013, 05:18 AM
I use Berger 300 grain bullets with US869 and am getting 3 shots in the same hole consistently. I am at 104 +/- grains of US869. Tried Retumbo and got larger groups. The Bergers are more accurate than the Sierras from my testing. Also playing with Accubonds and starting to get some good groups with them. Did a few loads with Win 780 the other day and think I can cut it down to one hole groups. Also playing with surplus 50BMG and 20MM powders and may have couple promising loads with these powders as well but they are lower velocities.

scope eye
03-17-2013, 08:20 AM
My buddy has a Lapua and I have an Edge and we are always raggin on each other who's is better, I reload for him and we always use they exact same load data, It works out great, that and split 8 pound jugs, bullets, and primers, anyway by far my favorite and now his, "now that he has figured out the bullet drop, or there lack of bullet drop", are those Barnes 160gr TTSXs topped off with a full case, of Hybrid 100V or 100gr of RL17, It sends those bad boys down range at over 4000 FPS, man you ain't ever seen anything like it, It literally turns that Lapua into a varmint rifle on steroids, don't knock it Hogdon even has data for those 160s on there website, not as stout as my data but not that far off either, you don't know what your missing.

Tanks Dean

thermaler
03-17-2013, 09:22 AM
I almost bought one last year--but figured I couldn't afford sending a six-pack down range every time I pulled the trigger. : )

scope eye
03-17-2013, 09:38 AM
I almost bought one last year--but figured I couldn't afford sending a six-pack down range every time I pulled the trigger. : )

I can indeed relate to the six pack equation, what ends up happening is he, buys the powder and bullets and I pay him back, buy help buy changing transfer cases and transmissions, "in the driveway" or helping him move every other month," you don't want to know why" you know stuff even an oxen would do reluctantly, when he calls me up and says hey lets go shooting it'll be fun, my back starts throbbing just thinking at what's in store for me, but I'm there every time, hey that's what happens when you have 338 tastes on a 223 budget.

Tanks Dean

thermaler
03-17-2013, 09:45 AM
I can indeed relate to the six pack equation, what ends up happening is he, buys the powder and bullets and I pay him back, buy help buy changing transfer cases and transmissions, "in the driveway" or helping him move every other month," you don't want to know why" you know stuff even an oxen would do reluctantly, when he calls me up and says hey lets go shooting it'll be fun, my back starts throbbing just thinking at what's in store for me, but I'm there every time, hey that's what happens when you have 338 tastes on a 223 budget.

Tanks DeanI have trouble enough finding a place with 100+ yards for my LRT SASS, the other reason I didn't get 338L is that I have no access to anything approaching 500 to 1000 yds.