PDA

View Full Version : Choate tac stock and mag questons....

jt41time
02-21-2013, 02:07 AM
I have been looking at a choate tac stock. There is one made for the "dbm". What style of dbm? I have a plastic cap on the end of my Mag that clips into the stock.

Also, are the Mag extenders on sss for my style of plastic ended mags? From what I've seen on pics, they look like they do not have the same locking in style that I would need.

If the Mag ext are not made for my style, is there other ways to ext my Mag besides cdi?

J.Baker
02-21-2013, 06:37 AM
Your package rifle has the Axis style magazine, whereas the Choate stock is designed for use with the metal bottomed magazines and accompanying metal surround/retention plate. Good news is that if you really want that stock you'd just need to buy the metal bottom plate for the magazine and the surround/retention plate from Savage. Might be a little pricey though as I think the surround plate runs around $130-140.

And no, the SSS extensions won't work for your setup either.

Basically Savage has created yet another mess by using the Axis style magazines on their package rifles as it's creating a ton of confusion such as yours. Savage doesn't care though - it lets them save a few pennies in manufacturing cost so they can have a higher profit margin.

jt41time
02-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Is there any other options besides the cdi? I don't even thing I can do a blind Mag with the stock, because I don't have the little lips on the receiver for a follower.

smoooth
02-25-2013, 02:41 AM
If you have an Axis or Edge rifle, the Choate Tactical stock will not work for you. There are NO aftermarket commerical stocks at the moment.

Good luck!

jt41time
02-25-2013, 10:22 PM
I just bought the stock that has the DBM inlet. I'm going to what I can do. If not, CDI......

jt41time
03-02-2013, 01:22 AM
The axis style dbm fits fine in the choate tac stock. Just have to shave a tiny bit of metal for the lil plastic retainer. Very lil..... fits great. -

Orr89rocz
03-13-2013, 03:46 PM
I gotta double check but i have a model 11 brand new thats dbm and i swear its plastic magazine and fits fine in the choate dbm tactical stock. When i get off work i will inspect again. I cant remember. My other steyr rifle is plastic magazine box so i may be confused

qkieler
03-19-2013, 10:32 PM
so would the mag on a 10 pc fit a choate blind mag stock

lal357
03-21-2013, 07:01 AM
i'm about to drop the coin on a choate tactical and was wondering is the cdi bdm a direct fit if i order it bdm style or do i still have to send it to them for fitting ?

jt41time
03-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Does the CD bottom fit into the factory stock? If so, then it should work. My factory bottom fit into the tac stock.

Tarheelpwr
04-05-2013, 08:34 PM
i'm about to drop the coin on a choate tactical and was wondering is the cdi bdm a direct fit if i order it bdm style or do i still have to send it to them for fitting ?

Just FYI contact CDI. They'll sell you a Choate Tac. inletted for their DMB for $240 shipped. They quoted me that late last year/early this year, so I'm guessing the price is still good.

devildogandboy
04-14-2013, 08:50 PM
I have the model 11 and the base plate on the mag is Plastic. wasn't impressed with this but will go with blind mag configuration when I order my stock. don't really need or use dbm's anyway.