PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Basix safety.

tacticalpanda
02-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Finally got my Rifle basix sav-1 installed. Going through the adjustments and everything is good except for the safety, I think. I can't remember but when the gun isn't cocked the safety won't move. When I cock the gun I can engage the safety. Is this normal? If I move the screw to the point where I can adjust the safety without the gun being cocked then the safety no longer works (but the slider works). Did I do something wrong? Or is this normal?

BillPa
02-20-2013, 09:59 AM
I can't remember but when the gun isn't cocked the safety won't move. When I cock the gun I can engage the safety. Is this normal? If I move the screw to the point where I can adjust the safety without the gun being cocked then the safety no longer works (but the slider works). Did I do something wrong? Or is this normal?

Its fine.

When the bolt in uncocked the trigger is in it's fired position preventing the safety bar moving rearward to one of it's two safety positions. . When you cock the action watch the trigger, you'll see it move forward (reset) then the safety can be engaged.

Bill

J.Baker
02-20-2013, 10:39 AM
+1 to what Bill said. All is well and as it should be.

tacticalpanda
02-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Great thanks for the responses. Just wanted to make sure.