PDA

View Full Version : New Dick's Sporting Goods Package - "Model 11 VT"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Hubcap91
08-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Hub, That's awesome. hope ya don't mind but I'm copying that one. That's exactly what I'm looking to do.

I'm very happy with the results thus far. I'm doing some more tweaks so don't worry about having the same rifle. ;)

As far as DSG goes, I really didn't care what they had done. The price tag is what made me buy my rifle from them.

fngmike
09-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Bl

So sorry you got screwed.

Thanks for the rant and the concern for my butt. I would guess your own malady stems from PMS maybe?

Sitting Duck: Thanks for the honest answer, understood completely.

BoilerUP: Thanks, yep, memory not so good Troy

Hubcap91: I understand, but I guess my point is if it had been a different tragedy using a boltgun, and DSG pulls evil black sniper rifles?

I'm not trying to stir a pot, just asking about the awareness of DSG in the past, and the commonality of Savages from the same vendor. I hope they're shooting very good for everyone and from what I've read it sounds like they're a deal, much like the 700 SPS Varmints DSG sells. Best to all of you.

DanSavage
09-01-2013, 06:33 PM
You know I have skimmed through all 10 pages of this thread and one thing amazes me. Nobody has mentioned what Dick's did after Newtown and that is pulled all the AR type rifles they were selling from the shelves and also screwed a bunch of their customers who were waiting for IIRC, Daniel Defense rifles.

I have considered them the enemy ever since, along with price gouging and similar acting Cheaper Than Dirt. I really don't care if the rest of the membership here wouldn't boycott them, just curious as to whether or not everybody making these purchases is aware of what they've done?

I won't support Dick's ever again, knee jerk reaction to strip people of a constitutional right.

Their name say's it all...

plinkin
09-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the rant and the concern for my butt. I would guess your own malady stems from PMS maybe?

Sitting Duck: Thanks for the honest answer, understood completely.

BoilerUP: Thanks, yep, memory not so good Troy

Hubcap91: I understand, but I guess my point is if it had been a different tragedy using a boltgun, and DSG pulls evil black sniper rifles?

I'm not trying to stir a pot, just asking about the awareness of DSG in the past, and the commonality of Savages from the same vendor. I hope they're shooting very good for everyone and from what I've read it sounds like they're a deal, much like the 700 SPS Varmints DSG sells. Best to all of you.

Well maybe next time they'll send you flowers when you get screwed. ~smirk~

As far as the bolt gun scenerio goes...you do understand that it was rumored and or proven that the idiot went into a DSG before the "shootout", right? This is what prompted DSG to do what they did. I'd bet WalMart would have done the same thing.

plinkin
09-01-2013, 09:58 PM
I won't support Dick's ever again, knee jerk reaction to strip people of a constitutional right.

Their name say's it all...

Well this thread headed straight into the crapper because of one butt hurt person.

Seriously Dan...Dicks didn't strip you, him or anyone of their Constitutional right. They were exercising personal damage control. Our 2nd Amendment doesn't say we have the right to bear modern sporting fire arms or even gun powder powered firearms or even guns. We have the right to bear arms. In some cases that could be a pointed stick.

DanSavage
09-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Sorry guy's I guess I should shut up on that one,,the good thing is that they are selling Savages and we can all agree on one thing,,we all like Savages.LOL.

plinkin
09-02-2013, 01:00 AM
Sorry guy's I guess I should shut up on that one,,the good thing is that they are selling Savages and we can all agree on one thing,,we all like Savages.LOL.

Amen to that Brother

fngmike
09-02-2013, 03:49 PM

I really don't think that you as a paying member need to apologize Dan, not to a non-paying, self-appointed forum nazi IMO. I am glad that some share the same sentiment. It's my right to choose not to support a vendor that is only interested in selling things to me when the political climate is convenient to them. We can all swing together or alone when it comes to our rights IMO. I also realize that others have a right to buy whatever, wherever they want and I haven't been disrespectful to them on a forum like some teen-aged punk.

Plinkin - Why don't you grab a clue and drop your internet tough guy routine? You don't HAVE to respond if you don't like the question I asked. Nor do you have to keep flinging your sideways insults about being screwed and another man's butt. Capt. Obvious, if I didn't even know the people who did get "screwed", in your terminology, by DSG were trying to buy Troy rifles, how am I one of them? Unless you're some kind of non-paying super secret forum moderator I don't know about, how about YOU STFU?

plinkin
09-02-2013, 04:42 PM
I really don't think that you as a paying member need to apologize Dan, not to a non-paying, self-appointed forum nazi IMO. I am glad that some share the same sentiment. It's my right to choose not to support a vendor that is only interested in selling things to me when the political climate is convenient to them. We can all swing together or alone when it comes to our rights IMO. I also realize that others have a right to buy whatever, wherever they want and I haven't been disrespectful to them on a forum like some teen-aged punk.

Plinkin - Why don't you grab a clue and drop your internet tough guy routine? You don't HAVE to respond if you don't like the question I asked. Nor do you have to keep flinging your sideways insults about being screwed and another man's butt. Capt. Obvious, if I didn't even know the people who did get "screwed", in your terminology, by DSG were trying to buy Troy rifles, how am I one of them? Unless you're some kind of non-paying super secret forum moderator I don't know about, how about YOU STFU?

Tough guy routine LOL ROTF, I am just a learner from you. Now if you REALLY want to TALK about it like the MAN I am to the ... whatever you are, I am willing to give you my phone number but I am sure you won't want to hear what I have to say, so shut your vagina.

Texas Solo
09-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Where's the popcorn icon?

BoilerUP
09-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Mods are quick to jump on petty nonsense lately, but let this slide...?

plinkin
09-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Where's the popcorn icon?

There will be no need of the popcorn icon as this thread WILL stay on point.

pdog06
09-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Quite a few of you here need to stop typing, and click on the following link and read for a while.......

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?104-General-Forum-Rules-amp-Code-of-Conduct

Apache
09-02-2013, 09:59 PM
It's over..........

pdog06
09-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Mods are quick to jump on petty nonsense lately, but let this slide...?

sorry boilerup. you are correct in that this shoulda been closed sooner....my paying job has kept me away from the forum for a couple days......LOL

Apache
09-02-2013, 10:23 PM
And some how I just plain overlooked it.......I guess were just slackin' on the job pdog06!!!!