PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mark II F scope base

fyrefyre
02-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Let me start by saying I've never used a scope before. All my hunting has been with iron sights.. shotgun, 30-30, 22lr. But I recently purchased a Mark IIF and want to mount a scope to do some squirrel hunting in the next few weeks when the season opens again here in Texas.
What bases do I use? Please be as specific as possible because I know NOTHING about them. Also, what's the difference between a weaver mount and a dovetail mount?

JCalhoun
02-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Weaver style has has a slot that a screw will go thorough to hold the scope ring in place. The dovetail uses an oblong slot that the ring will twist into. Weaver is a much easier design to work with. I believe your rifle will have the Weaver style installed at the factory.

If you want to step it up a bit DeadNutz has a very nice aluminum single piece base/ring for the Mark II. Whatever style you choose you will need "high" rings for the scope bell to clear the barrel.

Just a side note, many gunstores will install and bore sight your scope free of charge if you buy your scope and mounts from them.

fyrefyre
02-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the advice

J.Baker
02-20-2013, 03:38 AM
Your rifle is drilled and tapped for mounts, but since it has open sights didn't come from the factory with bases like models without sights do. As such you'll need to buy a base or bases, and if you want a one piece base you will first need to know if you have an older model or the more recent (current production) E-receiver. See the following article for information on how to tell which you have....

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?148-Mark-II-93R-Old-v-New-E-Receiver-Differences

As for base models and types, there's a pretty comprehensive list of options over on the Rimfire Central forum.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115839

oldbrass
02-28-2013, 11:28 PM
You need weaver #24 scope base mounts...it takes 2,one for the front two holes and one for the rear holes.