PDA

View Full Version : Need help

thickstrings
02-17-2013, 12:33 PM
I have a 110 staggered feed .308 with the side bolt release. Serial#F4993xx. I have lost the safety cross pin somewhere on my shop floor....all I found was dead bugs after a hour with a magnet and flashlight. I have also managed to break the tab that goes into the top of the receiver for the safety. I have looked on the schematics at Numrich but found no side safety models without buying the schematic. What model do I have? And, when you put the cross pin through the side lever receiver and sear, do you have to squeeze down on the assembly to get it to line up? I went to the Savage parts sight and it said that they have no parts for prior to F833xxxx, Mine is after that, what gives? Can I put a whole different trigger assembly on this rifle? not just the SSS or Rifle basic but a Savage one?

stangfish
02-17-2013, 03:48 PM
On the bright side you had a reason to clean the floor in your shop. After reading your post I am not sure you should be handleing a firearm...lol. You will find the part you are looking for/describing as "2D" on the schematic and the tab you are describing is either the thumb piece/safety "1" (for the older style, the accutrigger stuff could be a little different) or the stamped metal trigger bracket "2F". Are you sure this has a side safety??????? I may be out of line and I am not trying to be rude but if you are breaking and loosing things you might want to get some help from someone with more mechanical experience. Never force anything, take your time and work it out like a puzzle. This stuff is engineered and is not a rock and hammer sort of thing.

thickstrings
02-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks, The problem started when I pushed out the pin that holds it together....sproing, it was under pressure. I had it put back together in the new stock, and it worked well,except the bolt release would move about a half inch up when dry fired. This was a pawn shop rifle...The pin inquestioned had fallen out several times before I lost it. Perhaps a bolt release spring is in order as well. I believe the fella with the rock and hammer had this rifle before me. It is being re barreled to 6.5 Creedmoor if I can ever find a Go gauge.....

stangfish
02-18-2013, 02:20 PM
When removing the pin that holds the triggerbracket and the sear together use a drift punch to dissasembe and reassemble it. It is a big help. The safety bearing pin is held in place by the spring on the safety. Once you get it in place slide the safety in. Good luck.