PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mark II barrel variations

DQL5150
02-16-2013, 10:20 PM
I have an interest in a Mark II rifle primarily for target shooting and occasional small game hunting. I like the idea of the heavy barrelled FV or BV models over the tapered barrel G models. Anyone have both or experience with both? that could offer a comparison in accuracy?
Any help would be appreciated.

Iron_Cubensis
05-18-2013, 09:23 PM
I have a mk2 tr and a pre accu trigger mk2. As far as accuracy out of the box I see minimal difference with cci mini mags and cci blazers. I prefer the heavier weight of the bull barrel plus the added bonus that it dosnt heat up as fast. I would go with the heavy barrel, especially for target shooting. I don't have numbers in front of me but at 75 yards (my usual zero) I dont really see any real difference that shooter error and the occasional flyer couldn't account for. If your looking for a tack driver at 100-200 yards I would say buy a pre accutrigger with bull barrel used. Then new stock, trigger job (accutriggers are limited on pull weight, a custom trigger job is a good investment), bed the stock, new bottom metal. more expensive mods will be getting into the custom barrels, good glass, not to mention match grade ammo. sorry to ramble but yes bull barrel all the way.