PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Optics / Scopes

davemhughes
01-14-2010, 07:26 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I called and spoke with the owner and he said they have a new version out since last week. It sounded like a good piece of equipment so I ordered a WOTAC10 from them to put on a re-worked mini14 I am having done presently.

My SS I bought to put on my VLP 112 I got from Northlander is a nice scope but I just wanted to try one of these. Any feedback would be great. Once I get it I will try to post a review.

http://www.sightwonders.com/

GaCop
01-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Not familiar with Wonder Optics. Looking forward to your review. Prices seem reasonable but not a lot of choice in magnification range.

crunch
01-15-2010, 09:26 AM
I recently bought one of the variable power based on the reviews from the guys over at snipercentral.com. It has a second focal plane reticle which means the reticle hash marks will not change apparent size when you change the power setting. This results in being able to use the hash marks for range estimation at only one power setting. However, the scope is marked which setting will result in the hash marks being spaced in 1 MOA and which setting is .5MIL.

The first scope sent was damaged in shipping. I called and they sent a replacement that day (I did not have to return the first scope until I had recieved the replacement scope). The scope is on a Win Mod 70 30-06. I have only shot it enough to zero the scope but so far it looks like it is worth the money. In the next couple of weeks the scope will be put
on a Stevens 308 build I am finishing.

When I get more time with it at the range I will let you know.

bubba4602
01-15-2010, 08:55 PM
I just bought a Falcon Menace 4x14-44 scope from them. Fast service. It arrived and it was package real good. So I say they where pretty good to do business with.

davemhughes
01-15-2010, 10:24 PM
I bought a fixed 10x, speaking with the owner he was very personal and answered lots of questions I had. I called right before closing and he did not rush me even though it was quitting time. The scope I bought is set up in mil not moa. The reviews I read also were very favorable and because he took the time to actually talk with me tells me this a company that wants my business, that means something to me. Can't wait to get it.