PDA

View Full Version : New rifle, dinged stock

moonbogg
02-14-2013, 05:06 PM
I ordered a BTCSS from budsgunshop.com. There are no more guns in stock and they are hard to find. Heres what happened. I never bought a gun online before, so I was unfamiliar with the transfer process. I was told to inspect the gun before doing the transfer, but I was confused and just did what the gun smith told me when i went to fill out the paper work.
Without me realizing, I had accepted the transfer and he then asked me if I wanted to see the gun, but it was too late. I inspected the gun and saw a sad ding or scratch in the bottom of the stock. It almost looks like someone chiped it and tried to glue the piece back on. Its not huge, but its depressing to know its there on a new rifle.
Now, is there a solution to this? I can't return it without paying for another transfer and I might not even be able to get it replaced at all, certainly not from bud's since they are all gone and savage doesn't make them from what i understand unless they have a large enough order. Can I repair a ding in a laminate stock? Should this bother me so much?

scope eye
02-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Was the box opened, had the gunsmith seen it, or were you the first to open it,

Dean

J.Baker
02-14-2013, 05:19 PM
To answer your question...

1. Can't return it now that you've transferred it into your name.
2. Without seeing a picture of the defect I nor anyone else is going to be able to say whether or not it can be repaired.
3. Yeah it's a bummer, but it's not the end of the world so I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. Look at it this way - it was bound to get that first scratch/ding at some point, you just got it out of the way right off the bat.

And as you pointed out yourself - this is why you ALWAYS inspect the goods BEFORE accepting, buying or transferring them.

moonbogg
02-14-2013, 05:43 PM
It would appear that I was the first to open it. There is no indication to suspect otherwise. Like was stated already, I can just pretend that I made the ding myself. if i did it myself, I would't be so bothered, lol. Besides, I noticed that its possible to buy new stocks with different colors etc. Granted that would be a project to get it properly fitted etc, but a new stock is possible in the future if I so desire. I'll live with it and learn from it for sure.

scope eye
02-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Every day that goes by it will bother you less and less, and what if it turns out to be an unbelievable shooter, how trivial will that ding be. or get one of those elastic material bands, that holds ammo that slips over the stock to cover it, two birds one stone.

Tanks Dean