PDA

View Full Version : Nightforce vs Swarovski

Dennis
01-14-2010, 03:37 PM
I have both scopes!

Yesterday we went shooting and the mirage was the worst I have probably ever seen! It was about 40degs.

Two of us had Nightforce Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 NP2DD and could barely see the targets @ 600yds, in fact we could not see them clearly.

The I pulled out my Swarovski AV 6-18P and looked through them side by side!

The Swarovski was noticeably clearer! I tried both at different powers just to see. I feel I could have shot better with the Swarovski!

Tell me your feelings on this!

Senderofan
01-14-2010, 05:56 PM
I would say the Swaro has the better glass...without question. As far as mirage...I'm puzzled. I've shot my 8-32BR NightForce and my 5.5-22 NXS in extremes of both hot and cold temps and haven't had much of a problem. THe 8-32X I've used at 32x on a hot summer day to shoot PD's out to 850 yards...and experienced some mirage...but not enough to disrupt the shot...from heat coming off of the barrel. Would be interesting to get a read on what you were experiencing. I don't think it's the glass from Japan versus Europe deal. Perhaps it's more to do with coatings??

Wayne

Fjold
01-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I know the Swaro scopes have better optics, I believe that the NFs are a more rugged scope.